Ferrari 312 T2

Area to upload images of work(s) in progress...

Topic author
S10man
Formula e
Formula e

Ferrari 312 T2

Post by S10man »

This is the Protar 1/12 scale kit. From what I've seen so far, it looks pretty good, and is quite well done. Very little mold flash or sink holes to clean up. The kit comes with a rubber "wiring harnass"...I started to install it but may take it all off and use different colours/sizes of wires. My intention is to do this as well as possible, straight out of the box. There will few, if any, aftermarket parts going on this one.

Here is the kit:

Some assembly started.

Please do not be afraid to make negative comments or criticisms....I'm a big boy, but I have much to learn. So feel free to fire away. I may, or may not, take your advice! LOL Bill
Last edited by S10man on Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chaparral2F

RE: Ferrari 312 T2

Post by chaparral2F »

S10man how is the fit? Thanks Rene'

Topic author
S10man
Formula e
Formula e

Post by S10man »

So far all is well Rene! But its still early.....Murphy could rear his head at any time!

ianmaguigan

Post by ianmaguigan »

Hi,
I have a Protar 312T2 in my stash. Any tips dring your build or any pifalls to avoid would be most appreciated. Also, I must admit installing the rubber wiring parts does look a bit daunting and I was thinking like you, replace the lot with different sizes and colours of wires.
Keep updating the build progress (with pics) please....so far its looking great.
Ian

Slowpoke
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by Slowpoke »

I built the T-2 about 15 years ago. It should go together pretty well. Not Tamiya but not bad either.
Take that rubber wiring harness thing and through it as far away as possible! It's worthless! You'll be way better off with real wires and hoses.

George

Topic author
S10man
Formula e
Formula e

Post by S10man »

I took the whole thing apart, as I was not happy with the work that had been done. In addition, I scrapped the ugly rubber harness. Here is the front bulkhead, with new brake and clutch lines added ( aluminum wire) and line to the reservoirs (clear fishing line). Comments and suggestions are more than appreciated. Thanks. Bill

ianmaguigan

Post by ianmaguigan »

Very nice job so far. I am watching your progress with interest for when I start to build my T2
Ian

Topic author
S10man
Formula e
Formula e

Post by S10man »

Thanks Ian. Sure are a lot of pieces to this kit! LOL. And the instructions leave a lot to be desired. Anyway, I finally got the front brakes all cleaned up, painted and assembled. Lots of work thinning out the air duct to make it look more realistic.

Gooch
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Dave Sans
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by Gooch »

Nice work Bill nice clean detail I like what you done to the brake lines the rotors look good also keep up the good work. :D

Regards,
Dave

daves
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: David Sorensen
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
United States of America

Post by daves »

The Protar is the only game in town if you want a 12th scale T2 which is a lovely car. I built is 2 years ago. Used the Musuem Collection Super Detail set and decals. I do not think it is available any longer. You will enjoy the finished product.

DS