A little exercise i'm working on whilst having a break.

Ask away....

Topic author
gpman
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

A little exercise i'm working on whilst having a break.

Post by gpman »

Hi guy's,
I'm taking a little break from the 1/12th F2002 over the hols, but whilst i had some time on my hands i thought i'd try something alittle different.
This is the first time i have used bare metal foil, and being a revell 1/24th, maybe it was a little on the small side to attempt!!!! Basically it's taken me 3 days to get this far. My pin striping skills are a little rusty to say the least!!! but never the less i'm pleased with the look so far.......

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

RE: A little exercise i

Post by JamesB »

Hey it looks bloody good!!! :-D

CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by CaptainMark »

Very interesting project - well done.
Image Image

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Shunter »

You certainly are a glutton for punishment, with far more patience than me. I struggle to even wrap a Xmas present. Great job and an interesting way to obtain the look of the car.

DJSJ1983

Post by DJSJ1983 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh my god. That looks stunning.
I cant belive you bare metal foiled the whole car.
Looks super. keep it up. I cant wait to see it finished.

How did you get the decals?????

Topic author
gpman
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by gpman »

thanks for the comments guy's. It was just a spur of the moment madness thing!!! As for the decals, well, i dont have any except the one in the kit itself so.... i will either have to try and make some freehand,as i dont have a laser printer, or , just leave them off. The stripes are masked and airbrushed, but, they are not very good. It's been a while since i tried any stripes.

Topic author
gpman
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

update on my mp4/21 conversion!!!!!

Post by gpman »

well guys,
it got me thinking about the missing decals. most of the kit ones i can use, but, there are a few that are the wrong colour or have a white background. so i decided to have a go at making my own :) here's the result. i did them on my inkjet printer and just applied several coats of liquid decal film. dont look too bad. took me most part of an evening designing them :( getting the right font style was the hardest part. now all ihave to do is wait for ittofully dry and then try and apply them!!! wish me luck !!

Topic author
gpman
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by gpman »

hi there just a little update!

Basically i have applied the decals i made for the rear wing etc and the one i could use from the kit. Still having a litle trouble making the JW logo's and also the Emirates too. Finding the right type face is proving to be a headache!! I may go for the Dieago logo's instead and not have the Emirates on the car, think i can live with that :)

DJSJ1983

Post by DJSJ1983 »

WOW

I love it. I really cant wait to see it finished. You are a very brave man to make it out of the revell 4/20 kit. And BMF the whole car. Rather you than me my freind.

Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Manu »

I was so sure someone would try that that was something I thought about too on a ST27 but it's so fragile and sometimes lacks of adherence.
I was thinking that if Tameo release it, the best result would be to sand everything, til you get a chrome effect...
Very nice jobe !!
your pic from the top makes it look great!!!!!