Ligier JS-5 (flying teapot)

Ask away...

Topic author
SWestern
Backmarker
Backmarker

Ligier JS-5 (flying teapot)

Post by SWestern »

Yes, another one added to the pile (1/20 Orange House)! Well it's my Christmas pressie from my better half - god bless her.

So I've begun the trawl for reference material on the net etc with a poor result so I'm turning to my friends here for some sumptuous shots of the car.

Thanks in advance!

Steven

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

Steven,

You just have to ask.....

Keep on building,
Alex Nahooy.

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

Another...

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

Another....

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

... and another...

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

Steven,

I hope they will be of any use.... I was thinking of ordering one myself.How is the kits quality? Did you order from Mediamixhobby ?
I will do some digging to see if I find any more pics ....

Keep on building,
Alex Nahooy.

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

SW, i have this kit too but i'm going to wait a bit before building because of the lack of reference i can find. hopefully we'll get some more help from the chaps here.

email me and i'll send you what i have. phil@clarity.on.ca

alex, the resin cast of the body is pretty good. it's not LLM quality but it's not a very complicated car. the metal casts are top quality especally the small bits. kit comes with 2 different rear wheels for different races, a nice bonus. decals look pretty good, tires will need some work. also included are a bit of PE, some tubes, hoses and even some turned rivets.

i must say that the kit is better than i thought it would be (my first orange house kit). of course all of this is pre-build - - might be a different story later.

SW, i'm interested in your impressions of the kit, do you have it yet or do you have to wait until xmas morning?

roly01
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by roly01 »

Look here:
http://ligier.chez-alice.fr/index.htm
Go to the Galerie chassis on the left side.
For this and many other Ligiers.
the site has been updated lately.

Roland

rx-7
F2
F2

Post by rx-7 »

Call me crazy but I have always loved that car! Nice choice.

Topic author
SWestern
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by SWestern »

Thank you Alex for those lovely pics.

The wife did allow me a sneaky peek (ahem, of the kit!), just so that I could check that everything was there.

My first impression was very good: Nice clean and correct looking resin body which just looks great - like the original. White metal parts as one would expect from other manufacturers (not too many of these as its a curbside, so no Matra engine to build). Nice turned aluminium wheels as mentioned before with a two sets of rear rims for alternative versions together with either brass etch insert or white metal. Good proportion and quality front and rear rubber tyres, plus a set of tyre decals to finish them off. There is a large sheet of decals that fills up the entire bottom of the kit box - look good and crisp. Instructions are colourful and look reasonably clear.

Can't wait to get round to start building it one day (it's now my future favourite of course - until the next purchase :wink: )

In wish I had bought it from Media Mix, but at the time they were out of stock. Instead I went down an awkward Ebay route (second chance offer) that had me worrying for a few weeks. sod's law - Media Mix now have them back in stock.

I would recommend this kit. i think it's a must have really! :D

Steven