Newbie - Completed my First F1 Car need help with second..

Area to upload images, movies, etc. of simulated F1 cars, i.e. models

Topic author
mickbench

Newbie - Completed my First F1 Car need help with second..

Post by mickbench »

Hi all,

This is my first post on here, but I've been reading some of the posts for the last few weeks. I'm a newbie F1 car model builder; well in fact I build car models. Have done since taking the hobby up 9 months ago, but i've just completed my first F1 car. I built the superb Tamiya RA 272 kitset, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've attached two images of my F1 car, so as everyone can see how I did. I basically built the model out of the box, but added Auc Stion P/E parts, made my own fuel ines, drilled out the exhaust tips, removed the plastic air trumpets and installed turned metal parts and used Alclad II paints and cleared with X 22 clear after I had layed down TS 7 racing white and the decals. I know the end result was not totally accurate, and the wheels are not semi black, as I looked at ref: pictures and not many of the pictures I looked at had pure black wheels, but I had a damn good attempt...

For my next F1 car I intended to build the Tamiya Ferrari F1 2000 with SMS Super detail kit. However the Honda P/E was a lot simpler to work with, and I'm in the process of getting together some more practice. Therefore, I've just, and this wasn't easy as Revell kits are not the best, but I've just ordered the Revell Ferrari 2003 GA, regarded as perhaps the best of a OK ish bunch of F1 kits. T get some practice in and to get myself ready for the Ferrari F1 2000, that will I'm sure not be an easy build..

I've also ordered the SMS CF decals and P/E parts to get ready for SMS CF decals etc, but I was just wondering, has anyone used the SMS P/E set and does it come with the seatbelts, as well as the seatbelt buckles? If not has anyone any idea what I can use?

Once I get all the parts, I cam then teach myself new skills... If I ever get this darn Revell C5-R I decided to build - Mistake..!!!!!!

Many thanks.

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

RE: Newbie - Completed my First F1 Car need help with second

Post by f1m »

Nice pics...

DrE

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

RE: Newbie - Completed my First F1 Car need help with second

Post by JamesB »

Good debut, pal!
Probably better than Rossi would be able to ;-)
welcome!
JamesB
El oso Kits

rx-7
F2
F2

Post by rx-7 »

Nice job! "Welcome to the Circle"

Topic author
zurbert82

Post by zurbert82 »

Awesome job !! Great to see you on here :)

Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Manu »

very nice build !! !
Welcome to the fellowship of the kits ;)
MANU

DustinXNascar
F2
F2

Post by DustinXNascar »

Great work!!!1 cant wait to see the next build.....
Dustin

Topic author
mikemechanic

Post by mikemechanic »

Hey mick, welcome to F1M I Honda looks great. I would assume that the set comes with buckles for a seat belt. My suggestion for the belts themselves are to look around. Several people use foil, tape or ribbon from the craft store. I have the Studio 27 seatbelt material and it is very nice stuff.

CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by CaptainMark »

Good to see you here mickbench!
You know your photography skills are as good as your modeling skills! Excellent work!
Image Image

Topic author
leeturne

Post by leeturne »

Mickbench, nice to see you posting on f1m after following your build on automotive forums.