1:20 Tamiya Jordan 191 **The Final Photos!!**

Area to upload images, movies, etc. of simulated F1 cars, i.e. models

Topic author
Pancho

1:20 Tamiya Jordan 191 **The Final Photos!!**

Post by Pancho »

Here are some photos of the Jordan that I am currently working on:

I'm still waiting for some detail parts so that I can do some more to the engine area. So far, this is turning out the best of all my kits. Still more to do, but I am pleased thus far.[/img]
Last edited by Pancho on Fri May 20, 2005 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
Pancho

Post by Pancho »

One more:

F1mechanic
Formula e
Formula e
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Netherlands

Post by F1mechanic »

Wow, looks very nice. I like the cockpit seat. Nice details. The carbon decals give a nice tough.

Did you glue the engine cover on the tub or can you lift it off?

Impressive work :D

Alwin.

Dino
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Dino »

Nice work!

eejay13
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by eejay13 »

Pancho, cockpit very nice. I'm sure you really enjoyed very much. You know, it sort of gives you the 'orgasm' when you get something right & beautifully done. this is what makes the hobby so addictive. :D

DustinXNascar
F2
F2

Post by DustinXNascar »

Looking good!!!!!!!! Old Timer!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Kidding Pancho!!!! :wink:

Your doing a GREAT job cant wait to see it all Finished!!!!!!

Keep it up :lol: :)

Dustin :twisted:

Topic author
Captain Mark

Post by Captain Mark »

Excellent work detailing the engine! A few questions...

1. I take it those are after market seatbelts...? What company are they from?
2. Can you take the time to explain exactly how you went about running the wires from the cylinder bank back to the top of the gearbox area?

I'm about to start 'trying' to detail the engine on my Leyton House kit, but I'm really not sure how to get started.

Cheers,
Captain Mark

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Hi Pancho.
It's looking great! I love how you have accomplished the cockpit, very nice indeed!
May I ask what colours you used to paint the cowling? They seem to be spot-on..
Also, what is your opinion on the fit? I have two of these to build (one superdetailed, one curbside) and I am concerced about the overall fitting..

Best Regards,
Pedro.

Topic author
Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Thank for all the nice comments.

Captain Mark:
1. They are Studio 27 belts
2. The wiring was done w/ some very fine wire and a pin vice and some super glue. It's also not done yet. I have more wiring to add when I get the 1:20 computer connectors in. I also have a lot of plumbing to add. For you Leyton House, just look at as many pictures of the real car. There are not that many of that car around, but the Lotus 102 used the same Judd engine and there are more of that car.

Alwin:
With an engine like I'm doing, the cowling is removable. I've also done a lot of CF decal on the radiator funnels (under the sidepods) and am adding a lot of wiring to the computer boxes. I'll want to show that off as well.

Pedro:
I tried the mix that Tamiya specified and I thought it was WAY too dark, so I added Park Green until it looked right to me. So, I do not have a specific formula.
So far, I don't have any problem with the fit...I'm assuming that you are talking about the fit of the cowling onto the monocoque. It just "snaps" in.

I am pretty proud of the cockpit. When I was building it, I lost the decal for the rev display, so I had to paint it! I also has a different CF on the sides of the cockpit and didn't like it, so I redid it. Also, the CF was an afterthought! I had the thing all done, then decided to add the CF! And the wiring.

The CF on the engine (where the injector trumpets are) and the rear brake covers were an afterthought as well. Let me tell you, doing the brake covers with all the suspension already in place was an HUGE excersize in patience! The intake area was a bitch also.

Teles
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Copersucar-Fittipaldi
Brazil

Post by Teles »

Great work Pancho, I like your Tyrrell too.
Regards,
Marcelo.