F2
F2
Your Name: Mark
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: 1988-1996 McLaren, Senna era
United States of America

fuel feed for RA168E

Post by maw2717 »

Hi F1M folks,

Does anyone know where the fuel connection on the RA168E engine of the MP4-4 goes into the fuel tank? See the circled fitting on the engine picture?

Thanks
Mark
Attachments
RA168E marked.JPG

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Re: fuel feed for RA168E

Post by f1m »

There is this https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... n_Hall.jpg giant image, but I don't see where it goes.

AJP01
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by AJP01 »

What a beautiful motor, incredible HP numbers.

The only thing I could never really figure out was why Honda painted the components black. My only reasoning was so that they could hide some of the intricacies of the casting details on the block and heads from competitors, but that's just a guess. Having it painted black like that would mean it would sometimes be more time consuming to trace any leaks, failed seals, etc. Again, just my opinion. They know what they're doing a heck of a lot better than me, that's for sure.

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

Ah, physics.... There is a phrase "A Good Absorber is a Good Emitter"... since black absorbs really well, like black interiors on cars, it will also emit that energy back out easily.

Dr E
AJP01 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:59 pm What a beautiful motor, incredible HP numbers.

The only thing I could never really figure out was why Honda painted the components black. My only reasoning was so that they could hide some of the intricacies of the casting details on the block and heads from competitors, but that's just a guess. Having it painted black like that would mean it would sometimes be more time consuming to trace any leaks, failed seals, etc. Again, just my opinion. They know what they're doing a heck of a lot better than me, that's for sure.

AJP01
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by AJP01 »

Aha! Thank you Eric! This makes perfect sense.