F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Pierluigi
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Italy

Goodwood 2016

Post by Luzne »

Hi guys!
On 25 and 26 june I will be at the Festival Of Speed! :D 8) :D 8)
I'd like to ask to those of you that attended past editions: do you have any advice? Somethig absolutely not to miss? Best locations?
My camera is ready and my backpack already full of books and 1/43 models to be autographed...

I'll go to Goodwood with a tour organized by formulapassion.it from Italy, and I can tell you that ing. Mauro Forghieri will participate too.

See you at the FOS!

Pierluigi
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Goodwood 2016

Post by jaykay »

Hi Pierluigi

It depends on what you are there to see. Cars or drivers!? :-)
If you want o take pictures of cars for modeling reference, be in the paddocks early and late of the days, when the larger audience is already leaving.
Go there after the drivers have left ( with the autograph hunters ) and the cars are being worked on.
Especially don't go in the modern F1 tent area, when the drivers are there. You only have loads of TV fan folk and don't get to see much of driver or car. Waste of time :-)

If you mainly want autographs, you have to be around the cars when the drivers come and go with them, but expect lots of people with the same plan. Many also hang out in front of the driver's lounge entrance between Goodwood house and the upper ( F1 ) paddock. I don't know if that's successful...
You could go to the top of the hill where the cars wait after their run up the hill and the drivers have some time. Probably a good place for autographs with less spectators.
Generally it's not so difficult to get autographs, apart from the modern F1 folks. I never specifically tried but got quite a few.

For track action go down to start "straight" for at least an F1 run. ( That's around No6 in the linked map )
Another good spot used to be the hill running up to the flint wall ( between No8 and 11 on the map )

https://www.goodwood.com/flagship-event ... event-map/

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

Great !!! ...enjoy your stay and please share your experience when you're back.

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

Flemming
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Flemming
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jackie Stewart - Tyrrell
Denmark

Post by Flemming »

Luzne wrote:Hi guys!

I'll go to Goodwood with a tour organized by formulapassion.it from Italy, and I can tell you that ing. Mauro Forghieri will participate too.

Pierluigi
Hi

Good event. I hope that the tour organizer has previous experience, by arriving very early to the event... The surrounding 'lanes' will be horribly filled up with cars in long lines heading for the carparks. (to call the narrow tracks with hedges a road by European standards will be stretching it...) The carparks are very well organized with a lot of attendants showing you to the nearest spot. But the traffic outside is huge. And a problem with local community I have been told.

Hope you get in!

Best regards

Flemming

Topic author
Luzne
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Pierluigi
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Italy

Post by Luzne »

jaykay wrote:Hi Pierluigi

It depends on what you are there to see. Cars or drivers!? :-)
Hi jaykay,
thank you very much! This will be my first FOS and I'll try see more cars as possible and meet the history of motor racing such as Moss and Stewart and Fittipaldi. I "fear" I will have to go next years too... :D
Flemming wrote: Good event. I hope that the tour organizer has previous experience, by arriving very early to the event... The surrounding 'lanes' will be horribly filled up with cars in long lines heading for the carparks. (to call the narrow tracks with hedges a road by European standards will be stretching it...) The carparks are very well organized with a lot of attendants showing you to the nearest spot. But the traffic outside is huge. And a problem with local community I have been told.

Hope you get in!
Hi Flemming,
I don't know if the tour is well organized, but traveling with ing. Forghieri, I hope they are prepared to everything... :lol: :D

Regards. Ciao.

Pierluigi
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough

Flemming
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Flemming
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jackie Stewart - Tyrrell
Denmark

Post by Flemming »

Hi

At what time of day are you supposed to arrive at Festival of Speed? Anything later than 8AM to 9AM will be trouble. Later: Even more trouble.

About Italian and organization? Do you know this definition of hell?

Hell is Where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

:lol:

Best regards

Flemming