Silverstone Classic this weekend

Area to upload images, movies, etc. of real world F1 cars.

Topic author
jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Silverstone Classic this weekend

Post by jaykay »

Hi guys

Are you going to Silverstone this weekend?
Do you bring a camera? ( O.k....stupid question...)
Can you do me a favour.....!?

Please have a look around the paddock for the Jaguar XJR-14! If the covers are off ( and they let you in ) please take plenty of pictures of what's under the front hood, the suspension and uprights ( front and rear ) if the wheels are off too and the undersides of the front hood/nose cover and the engine cover ( yes, really :-)

I managed to take a bunch of pictures at Goodwood a couple of years ago, but couldn't get the aforementioned areas.
People always take pictures and post them online, but they don't take the pictures with modeling reference in mind...like more than one view of an area to understand the shape and size of parts that have to be scratch built.

Thanks a lot for any help with this!

..and just in case there's a Lancia LC2 around...don't hesitate to do the same :-)

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Re: Silverstone Classic this weekend

Post by daveyman »

Hope somebody can help you. Would love to see your take on the XJR14. Which kit do you have?

thesheenemachine
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by thesheenemachine »

I'm going with the guys from Les Garagistes.....I'll have my camera and iPad with me, so I'll keep a look out for it.
First time to this event, looking forward to it.
Les Garagistes #24

thesheenemachine
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by thesheenemachine »

Howdy,

The XJR-14 was there, but with body work in place when I went through the pit area......so I just got some pics of the front discs and some overall shots. Shame. Beautiful car.... However, I did get plenty of a LC2 that was being prepped for the dusk race on Saturday....and loads of a 962...
Access was incredible, better in many respects than at the Goodwood FOS....

Paul
Les Garagistes #24