INDY POLE DAY QUALIFYING NOW!!!

Whatever its called these days... US open wheel racing.

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: vanhookvintage
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

INDY POLE DAY QUALIFYING NOW!!!

Post by vanhookvintage »

I wish I could reveal who's on pole at the moment, but don't want to be a spoiler. Definitely brought a tear to my eyes. :cry: :D

Cheers,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Re: INDY POLE DAY QUALIFYING NOW!!!

Post by F1FANRH »

Who won today brought many tears to fan's eyes, he has deserved this for along time coming. :D
I feel the need, the need for speed.........

MGBrown
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by MGBrown »

Congratulations to today's Indy 500 winning team and driver. A very popular win and certainly they will be a great champion.

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: vanhookvintage
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

Geez, only saw the first few laps of the race, then drove off to deliver my son to his summer internship in Washington DC. Driving back around midnight (my wife and I are staying with in-laws in Maryland) heard on the news the winner (wanted to wait until tomorrow when I could watch the race saved on DVR at home). and I was disappointed to learn the winner before I got to watch it, but also VERY HAPPY over who the winner is!

Just as I cry every year over "My Indiana Home" and the balloon release (sorry, it's a family thing), I'm sure that, even tomorrow watching my saved version, I'll be sobbing over the winner.

Cheers,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

Villeneuve
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Villeneuve »

ever since the cart split the Indy 500 has lost its magic to me. It is now just a big American race as to compared to the BIG ONE internationally.
YNWA,
Markus

Gilles and Ferrari will always be synonymous. The others just drive for Ferrari but Gilles IS Ferrari

The Ferrari 126C2 Spotter's Guide
http://bit.ly/1oxy29H

F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

Villeneuve wrote:ever since the cart split the Indy 500 has lost its magic to me. It is now just a big American race as to compared to the BIG ONE internationally.
Yes you are right, it is a Big American Race reguardless of Cart! :mrgreen:
I feel the need, the need for speed.........

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Pity They don't show these events anymore on Eurosport-Channel here in Euro Area, only Nascar Sprint Cup on Pay-TV :evil: .

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

vekkuli wrote:Pity They don't show these events anymore on Eurosport-Channel here in Euro Area, only Nascar Sprint Cup on Pay-TV :evil: .
They barely show them here in the US anymore either. Yes the Indy 500 was on network TV but the rest of the Indycar schedule is on the NBCSports Channel. Not main stream TV here in the states. Some people don't get NBCSports Channel. We are also force fed a steady diet of Nascrap taxi cab and tow truck racing even though TV rating on this inferior type of racing is in decline. I'm interested to find out how the ratings for Monaco last weekend were. It was the first time in network TV history an F1 race was broadcast live on a major network.

:D :D
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports