Odd configuration

A special Forum just for the new Lotus 79 (and 78) kits.

Topic author
Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Odd configuration

Post by Orso »

Looking at pictures of the preserved prototype I noticed something odd looking at the outlets on the side pods.
The right one is of the type used in 1979 and the left one is the double type from 1978. I have been searching the Rebaque pictures hoping that it was a feature from the last races he had in the car but it doesn't seems so. Any how. It would make a different car building this.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27666849@N ... /lightbox/

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Odd configuration

Post by jordan »

Well,these kind of cars ( museum etc..) are often put together with pieces of several cars or left over spares.Could be some parts of the Rebaque there.I have seen in the flesh a type 79B that was converted back to a JPS car..Underneath the black paint the "british green" was
visible were the bodypart often made contact..

Alex Nahooy.
Attachments
79B -79.jpg

Topic author
Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Re: Odd configuration

Post by Orso »

Yes. I think that all five cars are back in JPS livery now. 79/4 and 79/5 seems to have the outboard rear brakes but not the late 1979 type of rear wing. All * of them have the 1979 air outlets in the side pods (well as I said earlier 79/1 has two types). But then there are a mix of parts on the cars. Looking at pictures I can't see one car in a genuine race configuration.