Revell F10 at IPMS Telford

For all F1 scale model news...

Topic author
GO-figureit
Backmarker
Backmarker

Revell F10 at IPMS Telford

Post by GO-figureit »

I snapped two shots of a constructed example on the Revell stand at the IPMS Scale Modelworld nationals in Telford last week end. Apologies for the standard/quality of the two photo's, but it was pretty crowded round their stand, and as I was shooting through glass the available angles were limited in order to avoid reflections.
Having said that, for £19.99 I think it looks pretty good value and according to the guys on the stand, it will be widely available in a couple of weeks.
Cheers,
Paul
Attachments
DSCF8620.JPG
DSCF8619.JPG
"Never let accuracy prevent the making of a good image - strive for the Happy Medium - more than too little and less than too much"!

phatjedi
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: Revell F10 at IPMS Telford

Post by phatjedi »

1/24th or 1/20th scale?

Thanks for sharing the photos. :mrgreen:

taliesen
Midfield
Midfield

Post by taliesen »

1/24
Jonathan

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

Revell does not do 1/20 and probably never will. That's OK with me. But I would really like them
to upscale to 1/12 (shouldn't be that difficult from 1/24) and event with their standards and curbside
I would happily by all new F1 kits. That's what I think they should have done instead of the new 500GT
kit. Even one 1/12 per year would be great, imho. Common Revell, it's time to revive 1/12 while F1
modeling is living through this renaissance period.

Husker
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Mexico

Post by Husker »

Revell and 1/24 definitely not my cup of tea.

I find it funny that they can't even get their own promotional builds right...check the front wheel rotation direction. jeez

---EDIT>

Oh yes, I would buy a 1/12, even if it's an upscaled Revell!
Twitter: @StardustSR / Completed: 1/5 McLaren MP4/8 / In Progress: Renault RE30B / Sasol Jordan 192

Villeneuve
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Villeneuve »

Husker wrote:Revell and 1/24 definitely not my cup of tea.

I find it funny that they can't even get their own promotional builds right...check the front wheel rotation direction. jeez

---EDIT>

Oh yes, I would buy a 1/12, even if it's an upscaled Revell!

100 % my opinion as well. I do not want a collection with all kinds of different scales. 1/12 and 1/20 is enough.
YNWA,
Markus

Gilles and Ferrari will always be synonymous. The others just drive for Ferrari but Gilles IS Ferrari

The Ferrari 126C2 Spotter's Guide
http://bit.ly/1oxy29H

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

I think it looks very good for £ 20. :D
Br
Allan
Br
Allan

d111298pw
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Mark Nicodemus
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by d111298pw »

I agree with most that I'm not interested in 1/24 scale F1 kits. I built their F2003GA and F2005 and once it was finished, I tossed them in the trash. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. Cheap kit = cheap quality. I'll stick to 1/20 and 1/12. I would buy a Revell 1/12 scale kit without a second thought. I'll take anything in the big scale.

There are members of this forum with the god given skills to make one of these kits look fantastic, I'm not one of them (by a long shot).

However, if you want an F10 kit in 1/24 or 1/20, you have two choices: MFH or Revell. That's a price difference of $280 or $30. For the vast majority, it will be Revell or nothing. Same goes for the Merc and McLaren. It's Revell or nothing.
Mark

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

The Revell kits are not always perfect by any means. But they do build into good curbside models with a little work. They also keep getting better in quality.
1/24th scale is not a problem for me. Funny thing is 90% of the 1/20th F1 modelers also build 1/24th scale sportscars.

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2011-Chicago April 2011

specialstages
F2
F2

Post by specialstages »

allnie wrote:I think it looks very good for £ 20. :D
Br
Allan
Agreed!

I will be buying all 3. Thank you Revell. These kits for the money look very good. If we all want new modelers and motorsport enthusiasts to get into this hobby this is the way to go. A young F1 fan wanting to build a copy of a car from the recent crop of World Champions has little available for a cheap price. I know Tamiya has some good deals on some of the older 1/20 kits, but I doubt a 12 year old could care less who Thierry Boutsen or Nelson Piquet is until he gains a deeper appreciation of the sport. We need new hobbyists!!