WIP Ferrari 12 CK Gilles 6th victory

Forum for post, WIPs, and completed models for the 2009 Group Build.

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

WIP Ferrari 12 CK Gilles 6th victory

Post by bossy122 »

So here I go again. I got a tad confused and was putting the WIP's for this on the main GB thread, so i'll just start over again...if you all don't mind?
My first build for this 2009 GB is of Fujimis Ferrari 126CK Spanish GP version. The 126 alone qualifies this kit for the GB, but I actually like more that this was the car that Gilles Villeneuve got his 6th ( and unfortunatley last) F1 victory in, leading a train of 5 cars to the finish line that all crossed the line within 1.5 seconds of each other.
A couple of things that other builders might be interested in with this kit are: 1. The instructions are backwards! It's bad enough they drew a lot of the pictures of an upside down car, but they got the parts numbers backwards on several pieces, most notably the roll bars. 2. The plastic is very brittle. Handle the cowling with kid gloves! The thing snapped very easily there by the drivers head area. I tried gluing it back together and it snapped again a little later. So beware.
Everything is built, now all I gotta do is apply the decals. Hopefully i'll be posting this as fini tomorrow==0
Thanks to the inverted instructions I wound up putting the front suspension/wheels on upside down and backwards.  The brake ducts pointing up gave me my first clue something was amiss!
Thanks to the inverted instructions I wound up putting the front suspension/wheels on upside down and backwards. The brake ducts pointing up gave me my first clue something was amiss!
The repaired front end.
The repaired front end.
Everything's ready to go.
Everything's ready to go.
2008_1005126ck0004.JPG
]