Brabham BT50 decal advise

Forum for post, WIPs, and completed models for the 2009 Group Build.

Topic author
jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Brabham BT50 decal advise

Post by jordan »

Hello guys and (girls..),

I am gonna built a new BT50 but a got a yellowing decal sheet wich I am gonna replace...Any suggestions on
wich brand I must choose..

Alex Nahooy.

Re: Brabham BT50 decal advise

Post by Guest »

I like the indycals decals for this kit. They are affordable and very clean.

Tormentor
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Tormentor »

clem4135 wrote:I like the indycals decals for this kit. They are affordable and very clean.
That is correkt, but keep in mind that the Indycal decals show the starting number on the sidepods near the rear wheels (Kyalami). Maybe i am wrong, but i believe that this number was near the front wheels for the rest of the season. The PARMALAT signs are not printed in white, they are cut out of the blue areas.

For your decal sheet - i guess the white letters are yellowed, right? You can lay the sheet in the sunlight for 2 or 3 days and this should "bleech" the white letters completly and make the sheet usable. Worked for me.

Flemming
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Flemming
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jackie Stewart - Tyrrell
Denmark

Post by Flemming »

Hi

Sunbleach won't help on these decals. They are terribly translucent. Apart from Indycals, Studio27 has made an exellent sheet printed by Cartograph. Don't know if they still are available though, but as you live in Europe I'd give Nimpex.de a try although their p.p. are expensive.

Flemming

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Tormentor wrote: That is correkt, but keep in mind that the Indycal decals show the starting number on the sidepods near the rear wheels (Kyalami). Maybe i am wrong, but i believe that this number was near the front wheels for the rest of the season. The PARMALAT signs are not printed in white, they are cut out of the blue areas.
Yes, but even if I like more how the car looks with the numbers in front, the Tamiya kit depicts Kyalami car, due to details such as the turbo air intake and the sidepod front ends. So Indycals layout should be the good one. That said, a clever modeler can do some surgery on the set, some cut and paste to revert the position...

O4a4re
F2
F2

Post by O4a4re »

And F1 Specialities still carries the original sheet at their website
Tom T.

Topic author
jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

THANKS guys...! :P

Keep on building,
Alex Nahooy.

BigDuke6
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by BigDuke6 »

The Indycals decals are excellent - the white areas are now printed on rather than blank space. I used them on my build and they are superb.

Topic author
jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

BigDuke6 wrote:The Indycals decals are excellent - the white areas are now printed on rather than blank space. I used them on my build and they are superb.
.. :P Thanks..

Alex.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

In case you are interested i will soon have two surplus new and original Tamiya BT50 decal sheets in Germany. For 8EUR ( shipping included they can be yours ).