f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Scoobie (doo) where are you?

Post by f1m »

Subaru has pulled out of the WRC - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72492" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eric

generationx
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Scoobie (doo) where are you?

Post by generationx »

As has (my old employer) Suzuki:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I feel the WRC is, sadly, on its knees.

CBartholomew4677
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Chris Bartholomew
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Forza Ferrari!!!
United States of America

Post by CBartholomew4677 »

I'm very sad :( :( :( .............Three major players leaving their respective series :
Honda, Subaru, Audi
I know, I know, Honda was always pulling up the end of the train, but they're still Honda. Now my personal cars have no racing link, they're just road cars again.... :?

I can understand the decisions of their management, it's more important to protect the company's future in what could be lightly be termed as a "difficult" automotive industry these days.

rollover
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by rollover »

I am hoping that there is a bright side to the econimic situation hitting all of motorsport.

It would be nice to see them all go to a scaled down way of operating. Maybe less high tech and more inovation. Smaller sponsor/customer extranaganzas to make things more visible and aprochable.

I guess its just wishful thinking on my part, but I'd like to see it return to the atmospere of the 70's. But alas those days are too far gone.

Just an old man dreaming here!
Jeff Grebe, Plasticrastinator
Not finishing kits, my specialty

taliesen
Midfield
Midfield

Post by taliesen »

Pardon my ignorance, but did Audi pull out of all racing, or just ALMS?

Honestly, although it makes me sad to say it, I'm afraid the future could be very very dismal for motorsport. Once we get out of the current fiscal situation, we'll still have the pressure of preserving the environment and limiting pollution - and as more and more governments begin to pass environmental protection policy, it will become more and more expensive and/or difficult to stage races. Unless someone can come up with a Tesla Roadster World Cup??

Sorry, feeling very pessimistic today . . . .
Jonathan

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.