Mclaren Mercedes MP4/13

Forum for post, WIPs, and completed models for the 2009 Group Build.

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Re: Mclaren Mercedes MP4/13

Post by daniel »

that sounds like my problem. I had those bubles with newer and older Tamiya and Studio 27 Decals.
I always use clear under my decals. so that doesn't work either. I'm no sure but I have the feeling that zero clear attacks itself :-) On my Toyota GT-One I applied many layers and let each one dry but have those small bubbles/freckles everywhere.

I use the prethinnned clear but guess will stop doing so. Onother problem is that the clear is too soft when dry.

daniel
-germany-

Topic author
ABSOLUTModeling
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: Mclaren Mercedes MP4/13

Post by ABSOLUTModeling »

daniel wrote:that sounds like my problem. I had those bubles with newer and older Tamiya and Studio 27 Decals.
I always use clear under my decals. so that doesn't work either. I'm no sure but I have the feeling that zero clear attacks itself :-) On my Toyota GT-One I applied many layers and let each one dry but have those small bubbles/freckles everywhere.

I use the prethinnned clear but guess will stop doing so. Onother problem is that the clear is too soft when dry.

daniel
-germany-
For me i use zerro 2k, and have never try the prethinned clear, so im not sure about that. But anyway, i had no problems with tamiya new decals or studio 27 decals before. Maybe you can try to spray a few mist coats before hitting it wet.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

http://ABSOLUTModeling.blogspot.com[/b]

Current project
Ferrari 248 F1/250GT california spyder (40%)