Need Ligier JS11/15 pic of rear mechanics...

Area to upload images, movies, etc. of real world F1 cars.

gilles.r
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Gilles
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault and Ligier
France

Re: Need Ligier JS11/15 pic of rear mechanics...

Post by gilles.r »

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

These are great too, Gilees, thanks!! :D

OK, AFAIK I gotta warn about one thing: even if car configuration is correct, what is probably unaccurate is the shape of exhausts (one of those things that quite naturally are not original), I have a pic of duthc GP on which these are quite different.

Then a second doubt: there's certainly substantial modifications on front of chassis that seem to consist of aditional aluminum skins. First there's the square hole (79) that has switched to a pair of triangular holes. That one is fully checked. But then there's the additiobal skin added to the "pyramid" where front roll hoop and instrument panel go. On the last pic we still see the triangular hole, but in other pics of modern cars that is covered by an aditional alu skin. I have an Imola '80 pic that seems to match the latter spec, but not clear enough... any guesses?
Thanks boys!! :D

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

JamesB wrote:These are great too, Gilees, thanks!! :D

OK, AFAIK I gotta warn about one thing: even if car configuration is correct, what is probably unaccurate is the shape of exhausts (one of those things that quite naturally are not original), I have a pic of duthc GP on which these are quite different.

Then a second doubt: there's certainly substantial modifications on front of chassis that seem to consist of aditional aluminum skins. First there's the square hole (79) that has switched to a pair of triangular holes. That one is fully checked. But then there's the additiobal skin added to the "pyramid" where front roll hoop and instrument panel go. On the last pic we still see the triangular hole, but in other pics of modern cars that is covered by an aditional alu skin. I have an Imola '80 pic that seems to match the latter spec, but not clear enough... any guesses?
Very true. In reading about vintage cars. From what I understand they are re-skinned quite often. My M23 books discusses that.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

SBEST wrote:
JamesB wrote: Then a second doubt: there's certainly substantial modifications on front of chassis that seem to consist of aditional aluminum skins. First there's the square hole (79) that has switched to a pair of triangular holes. That one is fully checked. But then there's the additiobal skin added to the "pyramid" where front roll hoop and instrument panel go. On the last pic we still see the triangular hole, but in other pics of modern cars that is covered by an aditional alu skin. I have an Imola '80 pic that seems to match the latter spec, but not clear enough... any guesses?
Very true. In reading about vintage cars. From what I understand they are re-skinned quite often. My M23 books discusses that.
Yes: a cheap way to make them safer and stiffer. Nevertheless, here:
JamesB wrote: Then a second doubt: there's certainly substantial modifications on front of chassis that seem to consist of aditional aluminum skins. First there's the square hole (79) that has switched to a pair of triangular holes.
I meant modifications back in 1980, for the switch from JS11 to JS11/15 type. BTW, I'd bet these changes were done actually on JS11 old chassis, not new ones.
So, I mean that the change to the front end is no doubt real 11/15 stuff, but the one to the pyramid, I doubt if really '80 stuff, restoring stuff, or mid season 80 thing.