Photos of BMW 318i cockpit circa 1988 ?

Topic author
tonym
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Photos of BMW 318i cockpit circa 1988 ?

Post by tonym »

Hi Everyone,
This is a bit of a last resort. I'm building a BMW as raced in the late eighties in the Australian Touring Car Championship, and at Bathurst. I'm using the old, and ordinary, Fujimi kit.
It's been stalled for a number of years because I just cannot seem to find photos of the cockpit behind the driver, to get some idea of how it looked. The kit itself comes with a back seat, which just isn't right. A generic photo of a similar touring car will do at this stage, as long as I get to see what I need.
In order to get photos of the dash and steering wheel, I was able to download some videos from Youtube of Peter Brock and Neil Crompton being interviewed for Australian TV, whilst driving around Mt Panorama. I then took some still frames from the video. Not perfect, by any stretch, but better than nothing. Unfortunately there are no views of the rear of the cockpit in these videos.
Any help would be gratefully accepted.
Thanks
Tony Mollica
Kits Wanted:

AMC Tyrrell 020B conversion
AMC Tyrrell 020C conversion

Please PM if you want to sell one.

roddo
F2
F2

Re: Photos of BMW 318i cockpit circa 1988 ?

Post by roddo »

Hi Tony, I've got some shots of a race e30 M3 that might do the trick. It's not a works car but to be fair there's not a great deal of difference.... I used to know the guy who owns an ex bathhurst M3...... Kevin was his name.
I've found a link to it:-
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/trackdays/bh.html
But I'll have to email the shots you need as they are too big to upload on here i think?

Cheers David R.

Topic author
tonym
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Re: Photos of BMW 318i cockpit circa 1988 ?

Post by tonym »

Hi David,
Thanks very much for the offer of photos. I will PM you my email address. As I said earlier, your help is greatly appreciated.
The B&H M3 is on my list of things to do also, so I can use the photos for both.
Regards
Tony
Kits Wanted:

AMC Tyrrell 020B conversion
AMC Tyrrell 020C conversion

Please PM if you want to sell one.