Surtees TS16/03

Finished models...

henk4
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by henk4 »

further to that, the B&O car is one option, but I saw 16/02 in this livery during the 2006 Monaco Historic GP. Detail shots available....

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

The "John Special" banner seen like this sounds inrtriguing, to say the least :shock:

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

henk, do you mind sending me those pictures you have...would be great

daniel
-germany-

lumpulus
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by lumpulus »

You know(sorry to resurect this) it looks like the AMT/Matchbox model is a combo of the 02/03...For example;

The front wing on the AMT box art llooks like the 03, but the actual model front wing looks like henk's picture, without the little silver end plates.
The rear wing has changed a bit too, and it looks like the 03 is more "wasp" wasted than the 02.

So, unless you modify the front a bit, it looks like the kit is a 03 with an 02 front end. :)

Feel free to use this thred to post more detail pics, as I think more people need them...I know I do. ;)

Steffen_T
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Steffen_T »

Well lumpulus,
I think you are a bit wrong. Surtees built 5 TS16 which were modified during the 1974 and 1975 seasons. The car which is represented by the Matchbox kit is the Surtees TS16/03 as it was used by Jochen Mass at theRace of Champions at Brands Hatch and the International Trophy at Silverstone in the spring of 1974.
This chassis was used at the Argentinian GP, Brazilian GP, GP Presidente Medici, Race of Champions and International Trophy. After that the TS16/03 was used as a sparecar (at the Spanish Grand Prix the spanish organizers actually gave numbers to the sparecars, so there are a few pictures with the TS16/03 carrying number 71!).
The next time the TS16/03 was used, was at the British Grand Prix. But by the time the British Grand Prix took place the car was modified on the front and the sidepods.
The only difference between the TS16/03 and the other TS16 cars at the start of the 1974 season were the mirrors. Only the TS16/03 had the mirrors that are included in the kit. If you find a solution how to make the other kind of mirror you will have the possibility to build any version of the TS16 until the Dutch Grand Prix. After that the radiatorhole at the Front was closed, and the sidepods were changed. But it wouldn't be too difficult to make those changes.
The most serious problem are the decals. With the decals of the Matchbox kit you have only the chance to built the version of the Race of Champions and the International Trophy. During the races that took place before, the TS16s were painted completly in blue which look very good as well.

Here are some pictures of the TS16 in action during 1974 and 75:

http://rapidshare.com/files/72739817/Su ... 6.rar.html