Alonso to Ferrari!?

Got a rumor???

smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

I've read from an well-connected guy that the Alonso-Renault deal is very unlikely to happen, simply because Renault don't have the money to do so; the deal will go on only if a big buck sponsor (like Telefonica, maybe) agree to pay Fernando's salary.

Seems like next year's presence of Renault in F1 was guaranteed only because of its share of McLaren's money prize that was divided between the teams. The Renault/Nissan group is in a bad moment in the international market and the lack of victories and podiums are convincing company's CEO to pull the plug of the F1 team, leaving Renault only as a engine maker. This could explain the way that Briatore stood so energically at Ferrari's side at the spy case.

The Alonso/Kimi pairing seems absurd, but I think it could be a much more peaceful relationship than the Alonso/Hamilton situation. The problem in McLaren is that Hamilton is loved by the team; he's there for a long time, and this "double-champ rookie" situation is what infuriates Alonso. Kimi can be admired in Ferrari, but he's not in the "Schumi worshiping" league, far from that. Ferrari can provide enough space for each driver, as is currently doing with Kimi and Massa.

Well, all of this is just speculation... in less than a month we'll have everything sorted out... I hope so!

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

Given his involvement in the spy scandal, I think Pete Rose is out at McLaren.

CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by CaptainMark »

Well if Renault can't afford Alonso anymore, perhaps Toyota can, they're about the only ones that can who also have a spare seat... but does Alonso really want to get out of McLaren badly enough to go to a solid mid-field team...?

Edit:
And lets not forget Prodrive...
Last edited by CaptainMark on Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Manu »

renault secured recently the fact they'll last in F1. But you're maybe right....
otherwise they should go to williams !!!! nostalgia !

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Hmmm... many things to answer! :)
He gets a team that loves him unreservedly
..and undeservedly I'dd add!! :lol:

I think Pete Rose is out at McLaren.
:) Good one, hadn't heard this nickname! Well, I disagree: It'd be very "Dennisish" to compensate PDLR for his loyalty to the team. And he's suposed to be no problem for Hamilton. MCL needs a proved asset.
The Alonso/Kimi pairing seems absurd, but I think it could be a much more peaceful relationship than the Alonso/Hamilton situation. The problem in McLaren is that Hamilton is loved by the team;
No: the problem with Alonso is that he'll never swallow his teammate being faster.
It's curious: Alonso is a man who has had much less troubles than guys like Prost, Senna, Mansell, Piquet, Arnoux, Rosberg, Hill, Schumi, Coulthard, etc. Anyway the Alonso's corps guard always finds a way to find him "terrible enemies". And you don't make an idea of how this situation affects Alonso's behaviour.
He and his environement complained about unequal treatment from team even compared to trulli, Fisico... whenever they had better races.
the deal will go on only if a big buck sponsor (like Telefonica, maybe) agree to pay Fernando's salary
Hmmm... I fear that soemone will step in valiantly. Keep in your minds names like Terra Mitica, or "Comunitat Valenciana" and stay tuned...
I don't know how's the situation with sponsors such as Santander or MM, maybe they can step down if Alonso does. To make yourselves an idea, here the press says that Vodafone went to McLaren due to Alonso's presence!! :lol:

AJP01
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by AJP01 »

I'd actually like to see Rosberg in a Ferrari or McLaren. I think he's got a lot of talent and he'd be faster than a lot of people would imagine. His dad was crazy fast.

Cheers,
AJ