U/D Carbon Decals?

Ask away....

Topic author
dr_gn
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

U/D Carbon Decals?

Post by dr_gn »

All, I've been away for a few years after getting frustrated with my 1:12 MP4/6 build:

viewtopic.php?t=21979&start=390

Main problem was representing unidirectional CF on the tub. At the time there were no U/D Carbon decals available. Does anyone know if any are available now? It's surprising becasue so many popular F1 tubs were make of this stuff, and it's so difficult to replicate.

Thanks!

dingo07
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: DJ
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Re: U/D Carbon Decals?

Post by dingo07 »

Scale Motorsport doesn't have any?

Malcolm
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Malcolm
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by Malcolm »

Funny about that - I was thinking of your Mclaren build just a couple of nights ago:

I'm currently doing the Meng MP4/4 but ultimately, it's somewhat unfulfilling compared to the awesome detail on your build. Anyway, I'm thinking of moving on to the MP4/6 shortly, which is what started me off thinking about your build (and I was wondering if you'd ever managed to finish it).

I understand your feeling of frustration - you've put so much effort in already - but I think we all get to that stage sometimes when the next step seems like a 'bridge too far' (for evidence of this, I just have to think of my pile of kits, which I put away (just for a while) whilst I turned my attention to something a bit less taxing)!

I'm sure I'm one of many who would encourage you to get your McLaren to the finish line.

I saw a build here on F1m (and I cannot remember how long ago it was - say 10 years) and the guy who was building it covered his monocoque with some form of surgical tape - as far as I can remember, it came out really well - perhaps something for you to consider.

Best wishes
Malcolm

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Which parts are you talking about??
The tub was mainly covered in directional Carbon/kevlar mix....
Take a stand!