Ask away....

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Re: Where to find F1/Indycar/single seater kits

Post by stubeck »

I think its in diecast unfortunately. A Lotus 102B is a relatively easy kit for someone to build with 2 or 3 paint colors over a weekend. An SF70H can be built by an expert with just a few colors, but most of us are going to need a lot of tools and practice to build the kit plus weeks to get it finished. Unfortunately the way to get people to build kits is by actually utilizing the skill level chart and not making everything as complicated as they've become.

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

JamesB wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:26 am Yep Stu! we gotta be positive. Dammit the TWO MP4/4 and the L99T are all GREAT news, as the MP4/2C re-release is.
Our new and welcome fellow blue can see at a "complicated" field as he´s assimilating all the history of this in a few days. But if we are to rate if we are, right now, in a good or bad moment, I´d pick VERY GOOD 8)
On the othe hand, if wee look at the fact that most of new kits are disappeared in most shops, it tells we´re at least consuming the production batch so the whole of the fan base is taking your advice :wink:
"You will be assimilated, resistance is futile" :mrgreen: .

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

You know I am more Star Wars :mrgreen: but a Trekkie 🖖🏻 Quote is always welcome :lol:

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

"resist you must not, assimilated you will be."
Better? ;).
I always thought the question of Star Wars vs. Star Trek was akin to religion, my god is better than your(s) or something. Apparently option e) "all of the above" when picking a deity is possible :O, too. :D
Cheers,
Roman

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

sky1911 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:16 am "resist you must not, assimilated you will be."
Better? ;).
I always thought the question of Star Wars vs. Star Trek was akin to religion, my god is better than your(s) or something. Apparently option e) "all of the above" when picking a deity is possible :O, too. :D
"The question is irrelevant" :lol: .

tubegenius
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

The Original Star Trek. Beam me up, Scotty!

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

In the end It´s like Beatles vs. Stones :lol:
BTW, one thing that keeps this forum running is our ability to turn any modeling debate into something else, but sure fun :lol:
Anyway, in Spain, Star Trek original time took us mostly TVless, so most of fandom is a late addition to the cause.
Star Wars was different as it was in cinemas (er, sorry, theaters!) 8)
TV series that got us into religious mode, well, a few of them, but I´d say that what generated a tribe of similar specs was... MAZINGER Z!!! :D

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Seven of nine ( ST Voyager ) was a good Borg-model, sleek, nice bumpers & great Tail end :wink: . A BIT offtopic.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

tubegenius wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:11 pm The Original Star Trek. Beam me up, Scotty!
Scotch me up, Beamie! or was that Jim (Beam?)? Who cares. Galaxy Quest was better anyway :D
Alright, I'll see myself out now. :mrgreen: Cheers.
Cheers,
Roman

Topic author
Blue
F3
F3
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: *Max Verstappen
Canada

Post by Blue »

BMW wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:28 pm
JamesB wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:26 am Yep Stu! we gotta be positive. Dammit the TWO MP4/4 and the L99T are all GREAT news, as the MP4/2C re-release is.
Our new and welcome fellow blue can see at a "complicated" field as he´s assimilating all the history of this in a few days. But if we are to rate if we are, right now, in a good or bad moment, I´d pick VERY GOOD 8)
On the othe hand, if wee look at the fact that most of new kits are disappeared in most shops, it tells we´re at least consuming the production batch so the whole of the fan base is taking your advice :wink:
Yes, but all those appleal to us old farts. The young ones of today have only maybe heard of Senna and Prost.
They want Hamilton, Verstappen, Leclerc etc.
Where are their cars... :(
This indeed. How many iterations of the Senna Prost McLarens are we at now? They aren't that relevant for anyone under 40. I am 39. I was at the tail end of the era where everyone did some models. Yes, today is different, boys are into different things. But we were still part of the old guard. I know more and more ppl my age who were building when they were 14-20. And now they are getting back into it in their 30's and 40's. And we aren't going anywhere either. We will be building into our 50's and 60's too. Building McLarens from when we were 6-7 years old isn't going to cut it