PTR
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams & Ligier
United States of America

Senna Mclaren 1:1 scale

Post by PTR »

Ayrton Senna full size mclaren f1 car 1:1 scale

So for anyone interested in such things, if you copy the above phrase into EBAY search bar, you end up with a guy in England that seems to be making 3d printed FULL SIZE F1 cars. It's craziest thing I've seen in while.
They are $12,000 plus shipping so that's pretty crazy too.
I could not convince my wife we needed a full size Mclaren in the TV room even before she knew the price.

PJE
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
United States of America

Re: Senna Mclaren 1:1 scale

Post by PJE »

I see he has a 2023 Ferrari F1 1:1 on sale too. The molded in seat harness might be a little uncomfortable to sit on though. lol

Paul Erlendson

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

Extremely sus.

He's got a picture of an supposedly 1:1 MP4/5(? ish? it's not right, but it looks familiar...), assets ripped from some game of an MP4/4, and photos of a real MP4/8. Everything else he's selling are assets stolen from somewhere else, with the occasional incongruent photo thrown in. And he's going to print it out (is it finished, is it parts?) for a measly £10,000?

LOL, nah.

This 250 GTO that actually sold (apparently): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/386297894610 ... Sw~b1lWnEE weirdly focuses on the gear shift lever as the only photos of an actual object, yet they're clearly from two separate sources (photos that were likely scrounged somewhere else on the 'net)
Je ne regrette rien.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

MoFo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:21 pm Extremely sus.

He's got a picture of an supposedly 1:1 MP4/5(? ish? it's not right, but it looks familiar...), assets ripped from some game of an MP4/4, and photos of a real MP4/8. Everything else he's selling are assets stolen from somewhere else, with the occasional incongruent photo thrown in. And he's going to print it out (is it finished, is it parts?) for a measly £10,000?

LOL, nah.

This 250 GTO that actually sold (apparently): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/386297894610 ... Sw~b1lWnEE weirdly focuses on the gear shift lever as the only photos of an actual object, yet they're clearly from two separate sources (photos that were likely scrounged somewhere else on the 'net)
Most are likely taken from the same game. I considered printing them into 3D models but quickly realized I have zero time and getting decals for this would be near impossible for me as I'm not an actual artist. Its not that crazy to scale from the 1:20 I was going to do to 1:1, but I suspect these things are fairly fragile.