F2 Champion
Your Name: Dave Marek
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda of course
James Hunt
United States of America

MRRN stash

Post by dmarek »

Hello All!

I'm thinking of divesting my Motor Racing Replica News stash...1~41. My question to the group is would you sell all together/sell by Tens/ or 1 at a time(not ideal to me)? As a group you are the most knowledgeable and I though I would get opinion prior to going in on eBay. Also if Mike is out there was #41 the last issue? Finally don't sell at all...

Dave

flashman
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
United States of America

Re: MRRN stash

Post by flashman »

Yes, MRRN/MRM magazine only had 41 issues. I still consider it my favorite modeling magazine ever.

Before getting rid of the magazines, you may want to check whether the computer CD-ROM with PDF versions of all MRRN/MRM issues is still available from modeler Curt Raitz (he says he got permission from the magazine's publisher Michael Quarterman). The price of the CD was $15 (US) when Curt released it in 2012, but even at twice that price I think it's still a great bargain. In my opinion, any one who builds race car models from before the 2000's should get this CD, even if you are lucky enough to have all issues of the magazine (like me! :mrgreen: ). Having the electronic PDF versions are great as a backup, and makes it super easy to print out copies of the car plan drawings to use as templates, or print them in different scales if needed. See here for contact info: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topi ... e-on-disc/. You could try try the email address listed for him in the first post on that page, to find out whether it is still good, or you could try sending Curt a PM on that forum. It says he last visited that forum 3 hours ago, so he's still active there.

Cameron
Last edited by flashman on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

modellwerke
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by modellwerke »

Yes #41 was the final issue. Hard to believe but it was issued June 2000 - 20 years ago this month!

Topic author
dmarek
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
James Hunt
United States of America

Post by dmarek »

Thanks bud!

Topic author
dmarek
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
James Hunt
United States of America

Post by dmarek »

flashman wrote:Yes, MRRN/MRM magazine only had 41 issues. I still consider it my favorite modeling magazine ever.

Before getting rid of the magazines, you may want to check whether the computer CD-ROM with PDF versions of all MRRN/MRM issues is still be available from modeler Curt Raitz (he says he got permission from the magazine's publisher Michael Quarterman). The price of the CD was $15 (US) when Curt released it in 2012, but even at twice that price I think it's still a great bargain. In my opinion, any one who builds race car models from before the 2000's should get this CD, even if you are lucky enough to have all issues of the magazine (like me! :mrgreen: ). Having the electronic PDF versions are great as a backup, and makes it super easy to print out copies of the car plan drawings to use as templates, or print them in different scales if needed. See here for contact info: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topi ... e-on-disc/. You could try try the email address listed for him in the first post on that page, to find out whether it is still good, or you could try sending Curt a PM on that forum. It says he last visited that forum 3 hours ago, so he's still active there.

Cameron
Thanks for the suggestion...I had scanned the articles I was most interested in