Lotus 99T Reference Pics needed

Area to upload images, movies, etc. of real world F1 cars.

Topic author
Neodxun

Lotus 99T Reference Pics needed

Post by Neodxun »

Hey guys, help me out here please!

I've found very few reference pics of this particular car without the cowling. As of now, my main reference comes from the F1 Modeling Ayrton Senna Giga Special and the Fascination formula One book.

So far excellent reference except for the sidepods. I also saved a pic from Aerogi back in the day, of the left side of the car without cowling but can't see the electronic boxes very well on the sidepod.

So here's my plea, PLEASE Any picures of the car without cowling, mostly the sidepods would be great and hugely appreciated.

I've tried Google, no luck. And the french Lotus page as well as Museum Collection don't show the car without cowling.

If anyone out there has pics either post them here, post a link or feel free to email them to me at:

neodxun AT yahoo DOT com

-----------

Thanks!

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

RE: Lotus 99T Reference Pics needed

Post by lezdep »

Here is what I have. Don't know if it'll help you. Couldn't find good references so far.

Topic author
Neodxun

RE: Lotus 99T Reference Pics needed

Post by Neodxun »

Hey thank you SO much! :D

The first and third pics are from the Schlegelmilch Fascination F1 book that I've got, but they're BIG, I like! :)
In fact the first one is the 100T and although i think the 100T is better looking than the 99, they're quite different inside. The good thing is I can actually see the 3 little ones on the right side better than they show up in the book!

Aaaaannnndddd....

The second pic is just what I was looking for! Awesome!

Thanks again! :D

Below the black box on the side pod in the second pic there's an aluminium cylinder on the right, and a hose coming from the left of that, just beside the radiator (not seen in the pic).
Where is it coming from? another cylinder like the one on the right? Anyone knows or has another pic of this part of the car?

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

..... could these be of any use ...?

Keep on building,
Alex Nahooy.

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

.... an this one ...

Topic author
Neodxun

Post by Neodxun »

..... could these be of any use ...?

Of course!!!
Awesome pics! THANKS! All the cables and hoses on the gearbox were a bit confusing in my pics, or not with that view at least.
Great second pic as well. Without side pod cylinder/s LOL but very useful :D

BTW, Anyone knows what are those cylinders for (on both sideposds) and what are they called?

Thanks man!

Anyone else got more 99T pics? Don't be shy, keep em' comin'!

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Canada

Post by lezdep »

Neodxun,
You're right in the middle and the left of first picture I've posted is Lotus 100,
but in the right column there are Lotus 99T's engine, sidepod and front suspension.
One question - you keep saying left side, right side... is left side the side which is on
the left when you look at the car from front or from back ???

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Canada

Post by lezdep »

jordan,

Do you have more 99T's pictures like that ? Could you put them into album in F1M gallery ?
Or may be you could send them to me in email - lezdep at gmail dot com

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Shunter »

Thanks to a friend of mine i was given this link, it is in French but you will work it out. There are a few shots of the 99T
http://club-lotus.fr/index.php?id=608

Topic author
Neodxun

Post by Neodxun »

lezdep wrote:Neodxun,
You're right in the middle and the left of first picture I've posted is Lotus 100,
but in the right column there are Lotus 99T's engine, sidepod and front suspension.
One question - you keep saying left side, right side... is left side the side which is on
the left when you look at the car from front or from back ???
Yep, thanks! they look bigger here than in the book :D

Left and right if you were sitting in the car. I mean the actual right or left side of the car. :)

Thanks Shunter, unfortunately, no pics without the cowl. :(

So, no one knows what are the cylinders on the sidepods for and their actual name?