Post away...

Topic author
waxdart
Backmarker
Backmarker
Location: Georgetown, TX. Earth. Down the road a piece from COTA

In praise of Gravity Colors, USA

Post by waxdart »

I just wanted to let everyone know of the great service that Matt from Gravity Colors has provided to me. He has come up with some colors not listed on the web site and very quickly answered several of my questions. Like many of you on this site he is just a good, very helpful guy.

Regards, Tim Keily

Dino
Team Owner
Team Owner

Re: In praise of Gravity Colors, USA

Post by Dino »

He does a great job considering he's a one man operation.

jaws
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: JAWS
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Driver Lando Norris/ McLaren
United States of America

Post by jaws »

Service is what makes the difference between companies being SO-SO or Great.
I've just started using Gravity paints and have had nothing but good service. And love those paints!
Thanks for the post Tim!

billgtp
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapmans Lotus, James Hunt
United States of America

Post by billgtp »

Service is excellent. The paint is great

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

Has anyone used the Gravity Guardsman Blue for their Cobra yet? I was wondering how the metalflake size looks, too big, too small?

Thanks,

Joe.

mobiusone
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by mobiusone »

I literally just posted something up on a facebook forum praising Mate as well. My order didn't ship for about 2 weeks, he was at a conference. I emailed asking about it, and it showed up within 3 days. With an EXTRA paint at no charge. It was very generous of him. We emailed back and forth, and he says business is VERY good right now which is awesome, but its hard for him to keep up as all the help he hires finds it to boring and quits which is sad. If i was in FL i'd help in my spare time for sure.

And Joe, per your question, i can't speak to the guardsman per se, BUT i know Mate uses the smallest metal flake legally allowable, and i've shot many different pearls and flakes from gravity and it looks spot on in scale. Much closer than say a Tamiya or etc
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna

ChapmanFan
Formula e
Formula e

Post by ChapmanFan »

I, unfortunately, seem to be having bad luck. First, I ordered before the hurricane hit, after two months to give him time, Matt thought I had the order. He sent out another shipment right away, but the tracking number has shown that the P.O. made a ticket but they haven't received the package yet, for the last two weeks. I emailed Matt & he's checking into it - his P.O. must hate me :-) I'm waiting for this order to get worked out so I can order paint for two Tyrrells.

I'm not pissed off but really bemused & not going to say bad about Matt & Gravity Paints.

F1Noob
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by F1Noob »

I am essentially a 1 man operation with my company. It is very difficult to communicate and ship in a timely right away sometimes. Most of my customers understand and are fine, but some people do get upset, so I completely empathize from where Mate and his customers are coming from.

Technology has helped in some situations and interrupted in others. I get orders from my Website, text, email and Facebook Messenger. It's hard to keep up. I try not to make excuses, but it is hard to keep up sometimes. Businesses like Gravity Colors and others are not high volume/low margin like a lot of the bigger companies, so hiring regular staff is out of the question.

Packages get lost and damaged; UPS, USPS, FedEx, they all have a certain percentage of screw ups. I'm fighting UPS for $3k right now on a package I paid extra to insure and they refused to pay out on the damage. Smaller packages are not worth the time to make a claim on, so you write it off and ship another. It's a pain

I had a Gravity package get damaged and one didn't show up. Mate made it right, right away. All I can say is give the little guys a little more cushion, we need it, and appreciate it very much.

carbonkid
Formula e
Formula e

Post by carbonkid »

I have ordered from them , there was a mix-up and they took care of it .Only good things to say about Gravity colors. Thanks

ChapmanFan
Formula e
Formula e

Post by ChapmanFan »

Please, don't misunderstand me. I'm not knocking Gravity, they've been great, just the P.O. mostly.

I'm planning to become a multi-repeat customer.