Mac's Modeling

Info on hobby shops.

Topic author
wkunert
F2
F2

Mac's Modeling

Post by wkunert »

How long does it normally take for Mac's to respond to a placed order? I emailed an order to him on Thursday with an order form attached and it hasn't been acknowledged as of this time. I'm primarily concerned that he might not have received the order. I don't want to bug him if it normally takes some time for him to respond.
Thanks

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: Mac's Modeling

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Per his last email dated the 18th
Mac @ Mac's Modeling wrote: Hi everyone,

I have to send this email as a quick note to you all.

I am keeping records of all the orders you have sent in and tried to answer most, but I am way behind on most emails again and the website is a little out of date.

The break up between me and Areta has not gone as smoothly as I had expected, which has put a stop to parts production again. But on top of that for the last two weeks my granite business has kept me out of the office traveling around to different projects. I have covered almost 1,000 miles in the last 2 weeks just on those alone. That does not leave much time in the day to anything else.

Plus I spent last Saturday and Sunday setting 24 concrete pads so I can build the shed/workshop. Being old and unfit like me takes quite a while to set and make sure all 24 were level with each other, and in 80 degree weather. I am going to spend this Saturday and Sunday building the floor. (I hope)

I do have a lot of invoices to send out for this month order from MFH, as their new items are now available. Including the new simulated nylon cable ties in 3 different sizes and two different colors.

I have to put together 4 quotes for granite today, and have to be at an install tomorrow morning. So I will try to get the invoices out tomorrow.

I still have to work on correcting the current website as well.

Sorry for the lack of communication from me over the last few weeks. It is only me here.

Cheers,
Mac
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Topic author
wkunert
F2
F2

Post by wkunert »

I guess that answers my question, Thanks

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

Hi guys,

I had contact with Mac this week. He's been bery busy with remodeling his office. Mac is a great guy. I have ordered many things from him and never had any issues. Be a little patient, he will answer your mail.
Best regards,
Lesley

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Don`t worry if he is not answering asap at moment, please check out his News letter and you will get any answer you need!
Mac will never leave you byside if there is no good reason for it! You will get an answer, for sure, but give him time to do so. :wink: I think it is the first time you ordered from him and you hit it by a complicated time, so take an outtime and have patience, he will answer soon.
Take a stand!

Jerryv
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Jerryv »

Folks,

Any luck getting answers from Mac? I have been patient but after weeks of no answer to emails now I start to get concerned. I have weeks waiting for orders to be shipped. Is such delay happening to anyone else or is only to me?

Topic author
wkunert
F2
F2

Post by wkunert »

I had placed an order with him but after I found out about the turmoil in his life I emailed him to cancel it. I received an email from him thanking me for my email within a couple of days. If he is busy with his primary money earning business plus losing someone who helped with his modeling business I can understand why getting product out could take longer than normal time. From what I've heard about him he is a very honest businessman, he's just overwhelmed right now. I cancelled because of a need for the parts in a fairly short time frame and he understood that. I will order from him in the future.

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

Just got payment request from Mac for 917K. My patience paid off.
May be direct phone call could help ?

Jerryv
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Jerryv »

Thanks for commenting guys, now I understand much better the situation he’s going through and will try a direct call as recommended.

Thanks.

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

Got my Porsche 917K invoice yesterday.

Joe.