Post away...

billgtp
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapmans Lotus, James Hunt
United States of America

Re: My new 1:1

Post by billgtp »

Nice Zero and black. Good looking car. R. Wells sold his GTO (that car was bad)for a new Car.
I have not replaced my Alfa that was totaled a year ago.

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark
United States of America

Post by marlborored »

Cool looking car! I would've guessed EVO.

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

WOW..nice cars around here. The Mitsubishi would fit well on the Nordschleife..c'mon bring it over here.

I really love the Camaro. One of the cars would love to have some day. Even over here it's a great value for money altough the interior is not that nice . Would love to see yours on that special version.

Really should bring my "funcar" back on the streets. Heating is not working, radio is dead and some other small thingies need to be fixed. But I still have some time since it's wet and ugly over here and I won't let it out in the rain :-)

Topic author
Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Bigasshammm »

Don't need a radio if you've got a nice exhaust symphony!

Im calling a place today to setup an appt to have the car tuned hopefully in the next week or so. She's running a bit rough and down on boost pressure. I'll let everyone know the numbers when it gets done.

Can't believe you went from oldscool to newscool Russ.

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

Bigasshammm wrote:Don't need a radio if you've got a nice exhaust symphony!
....well actually I have the best sound ever, so you are right about the radio ;-)
But if one has a nice car I think everything should work properly.

R.Wells
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by R.Wells »

Bigasshammm wrote:Don't need a radio if you've got a nice exhaust symphony!
So very true.
Bigasshammm wrote:Can't believe you went from oldscool to newscool Russ.
A lot of people can't believe it. I just needed a break from having to turn a wrench to go have fun. This thing is a full on track car, my GTO was not to this level yet. I did have a blast auto crossing the GTO, but I have already had a blast with track days in the Z. I got a lot of laughs with it when I showed up to the first track day with the paper tags still on it. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs19ACbIrvA
Perfectionist in the art of the unfinished kit......

Russell Wells

Topic author
Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Bigasshammm »

I vowed I wasn't going to track it but damn that looks fun. May have to take it to Mid Ohio.

She's going to the tuners Monday to get sorted out. Hopefully she'll run like a raped ape afterwards.

Flemming
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Flemming
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jackie Stewart - Tyrrell
Denmark

Post by Flemming »

Bigasshammm wrote:So if anyone knows me here well (not sure any do) you knomy all time favorite car is the Mitsubishi Evolution. Preferably an EVO VI model but you can't get those here in the states without considerable cost.

Anyway I'm married with two young girls so I've known that I can't just go buy a new EVO we just don't have it. But for the last 3 or so years I've been looking for a used EVO VIII. Found a few but they were always beaten to hell and back by the previous owners.
Anywho ten days or so ago I saw a nice looking car while working. Stopped to check it out thinking perhaps it was an EVO X. Turned out it was not the EVO but a Ralliart version. Told the wife about it and she said check it out anyway. I was reluctant but then she saw it and pushed me. Turns out Ralliarts only come in the dual clutch semi automatic transmission which means my wife can dive it also (gaaaah) so we ended up getting the thing.

It's not an EVO but it's pretty cool and a fun toy. Kids love it too.
Previous owner did some things to it and it's not really running factory fresh so I'm getting with a tune shop to hopefully have everything ironed out.

Kris

Anyone got an Aoshima EVO X kit they want to trade me for something so I can modify it to build my car?

Hi

Looking like an exciting car. Just for fun - if you will tell the price you gave for it I'll supply you with a picture of which car you could buy in Denmark for the same amount. I'll promise you will be shocked...

Best regards

Flemming

shahir
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by shahir »

Flemming wrote:
Bigasshammm wrote:So if anyone knows me here well (not sure any do) you knomy all time favorite car is the Mitsubishi Evolution. Preferably an EVO VI model but you can't get those here in the states without considerable cost.

Anyway I'm married with two young girls so I've known that I can't just go buy a new EVO we just don't have it. But for the last 3 or so years I've been looking for a used EVO VIII. Found a few but they were always beaten to hell and back by the previous owners.
Anywho ten days or so ago I saw a nice looking car while working. Stopped to check it out thinking perhaps it was an EVO X. Turned out it was not the EVO but a Ralliart version. Told the wife about it and she said check it out anyway. I was reluctant but then she saw it and pushed me. Turns out Ralliarts only come in the dual clutch semi automatic transmission which means my wife can dive it also (gaaaah) so we ended up getting the thing.

Previous owner did some things to it and it's not really running factory fresh so I'm getting with a tune shop to hopefully have everything ironed out.

Kris

Anyone got an Aoshima EVO X kit they want to trade me for something so I can modify it to build my car?

Hi

Looking like an exciting car. Just for fun - if you will tell the price you gave for it I'll supply you with a picture of which car you could buy in Denmark for the same amount. I'll promise you will be shocked...

Best regards

Flemming
yeah...that would be fun... :D

Topic author
Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Bigasshammm »

Flemming wrote:

Kris

Hi

Best regards

Flemming
Ha.

We paid $16,5k

Now make me cry.