Ligier JS11/15 1/20 Brandshatch Version

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Re: Ligier JS11/15 1/20 Brandshatch Version

Post by Shunter »

A true winner....great job.

FLAG
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by FLAG »

Jacques wrote:Update from today....

The decals (Indycals of course :D ) were put on and I built the motor, mostly gearbox, without internal brake discs, . the front part of the chassis was also built, I added a couple of wires etc.... the rear wing support were done from scratch (plasticard). I saw Jean-Pierre gallien (JS1115) who did it in aluminium, after my 5th trial I gave up and did it in plastic with chrome paint.

The skirts were added (plasticard) and painted in black. Intake trumpets covers were made from rest grid elements I had from studio 27 and but on place

The result seems ok
P1050126.JPG
P1050124.JPG
After this I painted the GY logo on the tires and glued them to the chassis. the inside of the cockpit is mostly finished : the seat got a coat of paint + microballs. on my ref. pcitures, Pironi had dark green colored steering wheel...at least during the german GP, i suppose it was the same in Brandshatch
P1050127.JPG
The last decals were put on skirts...and beside Pironi's name. I had to modify the rear wing support as the wing was seating to high (should be 45mm from the ground = 90cm height in scale 1/1). I thinned the supports anc change the height. Belts are also now on the seat.
P1050135.JPG
P1050136.JPG

....and finally the car with the modified rear wing support and the wing itself (white metal + aluminium sheet). The wing was bigger for the british GP compared to the Hockenheim GP. I took some spare parts from an ACE kit and cut the wing to the rigt size. The wing end plates were cut in an brushed aluminium sheet to have the same color on the completed wing. A couple of coats of future on the decals, and here we are.
P1050137.JPG
I just needed to add some PE rivets and the mirrors.
P1050168.JPG
the pictures of the finished car will be posted in a couple of days :wink:

I hope you liked this quick WIP....but it took me finally more than 6 weeks ! I would like to thank especially JP (JS1115), Gilles and James for their contribution and great help on this project.
Jacques very nice build,I plan to do build a JS 11 myself it will be my first F-1i hope you do come across and see in the future of what i will do with it if you think i do wrong please show me your criticism on the car but i am now just doing research on the build soon I will start on a W.I.P.;like i said its my first F-1 and I am going to have fun with it.

Eagle50
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Eagle50 »

What I nice job, Jacques! I love the aerodynamic balance, coloring, and layout of this car. And you've added some very nice detail. Good save in the "flying" cowl break, too!

ButtonOne
Formula e
Formula e

Post by ButtonOne »

Just perfect.....Great car, and amazing colours!!

ButtonOne
Formula e
Formula e

Post by ButtonOne »

Just perfect.....Great car, and amazing colours!!

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

Wow Jacques, The color on the Ligier looks absolutely amazing. Will follow this wip with great interest. Keep the updates coming.

Lesley
Best regards,
Lesley

Scheivlak
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Ronald
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Netherlands

Post by Scheivlak »

Beautiful car, superb build!

Topic author
Jacques
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Jacques
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
France

Post by Jacques »

Thank you guys !

THe Ligier JS11/15 is a very nice car. I hope to see a trankit poping out in future, as the different skirts, body and wheel changes the inspiration is really big.

It makes me remember that I haven't posted any pictures of the finished model. Here are some...
Attachments
JS1115 Brandshatch pic 7.jpg
JS1115 Brandshatch pic 6.jpg
JS1115 Brandshatch pic 5.jpg
JS1115 Brandshatch pic 4.jpg
JS1115 Brandshatch pic 3.jpg
JS1115 Brandshatch pic 2.jpg
JS1115 Brandshatch pic 1.jpg
Jacques