the rare of f-1 in my part of the country

Post away...

Topic author
FLAG
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

the rare of f-1 in my part of the country

Post by FLAG »

Last night, I Google around and try to find pieces of formula drive train as some of you did guides me about plumbing and wiring up of the F-1,I did this about 2 hours or so.Anyway i took my wife out to shopping and part of the shopping experience is to go too a local book store where Barnes and noble is very popular in the states,Its very interesting that how much literature is available for the F-1 as I see none,I even ask the ten dent if there is any in the store as he told me that I was correct on this subject, but he said that he will talk to the manager and hopefully order some,I cross my fingers on this one, as I still look for possibles and only come across Hot rods,NASCAR and some motor streets of how you to build,(lol) :lol: So I try in the magazine section of the store and I did came across a magazine call motorsports which is a special on the Nurburgring I went and paid for the magazine,look inside on the special, have lots of grand-Prix cars can-am,and exotics in the magazine but I am still with out a so call and hate to say because I amstill new of F-1( a101) vocabulary of the tech side of the car,There is probably a book for guys like me, but I am o.k. with that.

Alonsofan
Midfield
Midfield

Re: the rare of f-1 in my part of the country

Post by Alonsofan »

Very cool. I like anything connected with Nurburgring.
For any material,i can try in the internet,but i also have magazines,also on ebay old Motorsport are sold with great material and books. But everything is on ebay for me,never saw anything here.

But to be honest,when you guys from USA say that you don't have anything to buy material,kits,and of course F1 stuff i just laugh.
In my country-Croatia,we don't even have a model shop,so I spent money for shipping costs from USA,UK,Germany that i could buy a MFH multimedia kit.
We also don't have anything serious that sells F1 stuff- best choices are Puma shops with Ferrari stuff from 2-3 years earlier,and a "F1 shop" that sells mostly BMW Sauber stuff,and we all know they are 2 years not in f1. Tragic.
Dino Marko

Topic author
FLAG
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by FLAG »

Alonsofan wrote:Very cool. I like anything connected with Nurburgring.
For any material,i can try in the internet,but i also have magazines,also on ebay old Motorsport are sold with great material and books. But everything is on ebay for me,never saw anything here.

But to be honest,when you guys from USA say that you don't have anything to buy material,kits,and of course F1 stuff i just laugh.
In my country-Croatia,we don't even have a model shop,so I spent money for shipping costs from USA,UK,Germany that i could buy a MFH multimedia kit.
We also don't have anything serious that sells F1 stuff- best choices are Puma shops with Ferrari stuff from 2-3 years earlier,and a "F1 shop" that sells mostly BMW Sauber stuff,and we all know they are 2 years not in f1. Tragic.
Alonsofan
I feel for you.It is sad that you don't have anything about F-1 in your part of the world,yes it could be wright that I am spoiled complaining of my local book store that we do have as you say a hobby shop just a couple of blocks away,and because we do have cable t.v. to see all the races again my apologize on the subject,I just didn't know how was that part of the world was and now;I hope one day that there will be stores that do have material and other goody's that would be like x-mas for you again my apologize :oops:

Alonsofan
Midfield
Midfield

Post by Alonsofan »

No problems @FLAG,but I'm just showing people like you that it could be even worse. :D

Its not horrible, like some african countries or something similar,but just,it hasn't any specialized shops for hobbies. Thats tragic,and they then ask each other why the kids and people go into the wrong way with alchohol and drugs.
Dino Marko

GO-figureit
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by GO-figureit »

I'm not sure what year the model F1 car you are building is from, but if it's from the mid 70's to the mid 90's then it's probably covered in Rainer Schlegelmilch book "GRAND PRIX- Fascination Formula 1" - In my view probably the best pictorial history / reference book covering that period. Loads of absolutely wonderful pictures covering all aspects with a section dedicated to each one including technology / engines with some wonderful shots of all that lovely plumbing you mention. Believe it or not, second hand copies are still available on Amazon at bargain prices and I see Barnes & Noble also have one available on line!http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Grand- ... lVU-_-10:1 I have the '93 edition which has become a bit dog-eared (with constant use) and I just picked up the '95 edition (different dust-jacket - same content) for £15.00! It's an absolute "must have" reference source for the serious F1 modeller, and even if you don't build but are interested in the sport, it's a wonderful publication to browse through - so many beautiful images to salivate over & a great source of inspiration! It's like having the very best pictures from Grand Prix International bound in a hard cover! I took a couple of shots to give you an idea of the quality of contents.
Cheers,
Paul
http://www.p-m-art.com/blog/

Couple more shots here:
http://www.p-m-art.com/2011/09/a-fascin ... ence-book/
"Never let accuracy prevent the making of a good image - strive for the Happy Medium - more than too little and less than too much"!

Alonsofan
Midfield
Midfield

Post by Alonsofan »

Thank you for the suggestion,I'm also looking forward to get one as I'm concentrated on 70s
Dino Marko

Topic author
FLAG
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by FLAG »

GO-figureit wrote:I'm not sure what year the model F1 car you are building is from, but if it's from the mid 70's to the mid 90's then it's probably covered in Rainer Schlegelmilch book "GRAND PRIX- Fascination Formula 1" - In my view probably the best pictorial history / reference book covering that period. Loads of absolutely wonderful pictures covering all aspects with a section dedicated to each one including technology / engines with some wonderful shots of all that lovely plumbing you mention. Believe it or not, second hand copies are still available on Amazon at bargain prices and I see Barnes & Noble also have one available on line!http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Grand- ... lVU-_-10:1 I have the '93 edition which has become a bit dog-eared (with constant use) and I just picked up the '95 edition (different dust-jacket - same content) for £15.00! It's an absolute "must have" reference source for the serious F1 modeller, and even if you don't build but are interested in the sport, it's a wonderful publication to browse through - so many beautiful images to salivate over & a great source of inspiration! It's like having the very best pictures from Grand Prix International bound in a hard cover! I took a couple of shots to give you an idea of the quality of contents.
Cheers,
Paul

Couple more shots here:
http://www.p-m-art.com/2011/09/a-fascin ... ence-book/
Paul this is the best news I have seen I will make my order tomorrow from the book store. :D
By the way do you see a picture of the Cosworth drive train that shows the bottom of the block to show what it looks like ,my question is that I do see where they have hardware underneath of that section and I plan to do some drilling and put a clean look to the engine but there are 2 pins on opposite sides of each other her is a photoImage,I already gotten the smaller holes of the case,but the 2 big dowel pins?I have no clue what they representdoes any body knows?when I see an American motor usually have a drain plug in F-1 do the Cosworth motors comes with drain plugs or is it a dry sump that runs and the 2 dowel pins that are shown in the picture is just for looks for the case. :?:

GO-figureit
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by GO-figureit »

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures which would confirm exactly what those two items you describe as "dowels" are. From what I can remember and from reading up on the engine specification, the engine runs as a dry sump with the two oil pumps (one pushing and the other pulling) located either side of this panel (which is the base of the engine and also serves as an oil pan) in your picture. A feature of the engine is that it has a flat base (tucked in out of the airflow) so it requires two drain points (one either end) in order to remove any remaining oil properly (during oil changes) from this pan by removing these bolts. The pan also features ridges or fins which I believe are for purposes of providing additional cooling to the oil supply. That's my shot at trying to clarifying this point for you - I may not have it all correct so perhaps some of the other forum contributors can add some further clarification,
Take care, hope this helps and good luck with the build,
Cheers,
Paul
"Never let accuracy prevent the making of a good image - strive for the Happy Medium - more than too little and less than too much"!

PanAmNut
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by PanAmNut »

I would recommend;

Anatomy and Development of the Formula One Racing Car from 1975, Sal Inacandela

and perhaps:

Formula One Technology, Peter Wright

for a foundational understanding.

Cheers,

-elh-