F1-XX Project

Area to upload images, movies, etc. of simulated F1 cars, i.e. models

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: F1-XX Project

Post by eyckles »

Cool work Husker. Keep them coming. Also on witch F1 car are those F1-XX based? Or is it just fantasy. Still waiting on a Mclaren with Mboro Livery.

Lesley
Best regards,
Lesley

Topic author
Husker
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Mexico

Post by Husker »

M@r!b*r* McLaren coming up later today along with the Toleman TG184 (Monaco), Lotus 99T and FW16. ;)

The car's based on a Ferrari 248F1 but heavily modified by now lol. I made the 2006 Ferrari a few years ago but all the talk about the black/gold Renault made me dig up the files to try and see how the old liveries would look in a modern car.
Problem is I really dislike the new cars, from the giant wheelbase to the disproportionate wings, etc. So it also was an opportunity to come up with something I'd like to see in F1. Wide rear tires, simple aero, stuff like that.

The nose cone is based somewhat on the 2010 Mercedes as i liked that nose. Front wings loosely based on the 2010 Renault, end plates modified from the 248F1 as the suspensions, side pods, cameras and wheels. Rear wing as wide as the 248F1 but taller with simple end plates as in the 80's and 90's.

You'll notice I've made a new front wing and end plates for the 99T. End plates now have vortex generators as in the early 90's. I liked those a lot!

So yeah, it's basically a fantasy hybrid of sorts.

Would be really cool to have access to a 3D printer and get me one of these for real! lol

:)
Twitter: @StardustSR / Completed: 1/5 McLaren MP4/8 / In Progress: Renault RE30B / Sasol Jordan 192

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

I know somebody who can print in 3D resin. He does as a job. He showed me a F1 car printed in resin and it looked really cool. The f1 was printed in one piece from floor to wheels, all in one piece. Don't have a pic of it dough, but it showed that the technique is changing. Keep up the good work.

Lesley
Best regards,
Lesley

Topic author
Husker
Midfield
Midfield
Mexico

Post by Husker »

Thanks! Maybe someday :D

Ok so I missed the 21st by 80 minutes, but here are the Senna liveries...in wallpaper style for those interested.

:)
Attachments
F1-XX_Senna.jpg
Twitter: @StardustSR / Completed: 1/5 McLaren MP4/8 / In Progress: Renault RE30B / Sasol Jordan 192

Habu12
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Habu12 »

That is...spectacular
"With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well...you can fly very high"-Ayrton Senna

BigDuke6
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by BigDuke6 »

LOVE the Toleman!

Topic author
Husker
Midfield
Midfield
Mexico

Post by Husker »

Thanks! :)

BTW, For some reason the McLaren is showing a dark red in the picture above but I didn't find a way to reupload or edit it. You can find the real color in the blog in my signature. Weird because its the same file...

Another one, individual pics will follow at some point.
Attachments
F1-XX_Senna02.jpg

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Very nice forms of Formula, ain't that Nose a bit low?

billgtp
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapmans Lotus, James Hunt
United States of America

Post by billgtp »

Your work is just great.I like.

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

Strangely Toleman's livery also stands out for me. I think it looks best on your F1-XX car then on the original.
And while your car design isn't that appealing to me, in Toleman's livery it looks cool. If someone makes a kit,
I might even buy it ;)