PLASTIC F1 PREDICTIONS...

For rumors about F1 scale models...

Martocticvs
Backmarker
Backmarker

Re: PLASTIC F1 PREDICTIONS...

Post by Martocticvs »

Hello first post here :)

The three that I would most like to see, in 1/20 scale, are the Williams FW15c, and the 643 and F93A Ferraris.

derek_hallett
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by derek_hallett »

First post here too! :D

I would also love to see a new Tamiya 1/12 F1, but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. I've heard that it's really expensive to have the molds made for a 1/12 car, hence all the reissues of previous releases (Hey Tamiya - reissue the 1/12 Ferrari 641/2 while your at it!). However, I don't think a new tooled modern F1 would be impossible. Large scale kits can sell, and sell well. Look at the new 1/32 Spitfire. Now, granted, the market for WWII models is considerably larger than the F1 model market, but a beautiful model is sure to have some purchase crossover from other markets. After seeing the 1/32 spitfire parts sprues, the engineering, hearing how the model just fell together, I had to buy one. Looking through the box after I purchased it just reinforced my opinion of how great a job Tamiya did in engineering the kit and paying attention to detail. I sure that if they took that same approach and applied it to an F1 model (or any subject, for that matter) it would sell incredibly well, just like the 1/32 spitfire. The other thing too about the spitfire is that it's reasonably priced. I got mine in Canada for @ $140, and it doesn't need any aftermarket stuff. Lets put this all toghether:

New tooled 1/12 modern F1 + Spitfire-like attention to detail/engineering + not having to buy any aftermarket items + reasonable price = modeling gold!

Derek

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

I bought the Spitfire too. Amazing kit. trying to work out what to do with it now... :(

A 1/12 scale kit would require a driver / car that really caught the imagination. A year or two back, I thought there may be some chance of a 1/6 rossi bike, but even the bikes seem to be slowing now. Key test will be whether Tamiya pop up with another 1/20 this year. F10 is the obvious, but back-to-back Ferrari's mightn't be great. Red Bull is possible (odd it wasn't in Revell's list given Vettel's popularity in GER). 1/12 a real long shot.

Still wish MFH would do a 1/12.

generationx
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by generationx »

I'm really hoping for a Red Bull - Tamiya have had RB licenses before on their R/C stuff so should be able to jump that hurdle. Otherwise maybe last year's Brawn, seeing it was basically a Honda.

Very surprised we haven't seen any of the 800cc MotoGP bikes from The Big T yet. I wonder if sales of their previous kits slowed down after they flooded the market with countless Hondas?

drledford93
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by drledford93 »

generationx wrote:Very surprised we haven't seen any of the 800cc MotoGP bikes from The Big T yet. I wonder if sales of their previous kits slowed down after they flooded the market with countless Hondas?
They haven't produced a new kit since '06. If anything, it's going to be a Yamaha, as Rossi is dominant...Outside shot of both a Yam and a Ducati, as (I think) FIAT owns both and since the big T has an agreement with Ferrari who is owned by FIAT...you get the idea.

Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Post by Dede »

drledford93 wrote:
generationx wrote:Very surprised we haven't seen any of the 800cc MotoGP bikes from The Big T yet. I wonder if sales of their previous kits slowed down after they flooded the market with countless Hondas?
They haven't produced a new kit since '06. If anything, it's going to be a Yamaha, as Rossi is dominant...Outside shot of both a Yam and a Ducati, as (I think) FIAT owns both and since the big T has an agreement with Ferrari who is owned by FIAT...you get the idea.
It is a little worrying, no news from Tamiya is bad news.... I hope they give us the Suzuki GSV-R Moto GP bike next, with the recent release of the 2005 YZR-M1 with Rossi decals included we might just get another Rossi M1, 2008,2009 perhaps.... would be nice... :D
Dede.

jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

1/12 Porsche 936 is the smart move. They already made the body, Decals and a huge amount of the parts from the 934/935 kits.

For bikes..I still want tamiya or MFH to make a modern sidecar racer. One chassis ten different decal sheets.