WIP: 1/20 Tamiya Ferrari F60

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: WIP: 1/20 Tamiya Ferrari F60

Post by jaykay »

Nice and clean work.....on an ugly car :-)

The little thing on the front of the engine is the oil tank. Has been there for quite a while on Ferraris i think. IIRC they moved it on the F10 to save "lenght" with the bigger fuel tank.

Topic author
De21
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Germany

Post by De21 »

jaykay wrote:The little thing on the front of the engine is the oil tank. Has been there for quite a while on Ferraris i think. IIRC they moved it on the F10 to save "lenght" with the bigger fuel tank.
I knew I could count on you, thanks :lol:!

fade_to_black
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by fade_to_black »

Hello

Amazing work :shock:

One question: What do you think about Tamiya's effort on engine and gearbox? Is it real naked as it looks?

Thanks for sharing such a great build. Keep us updated

Best regards
Finishing: Sauber C30; Lotus 107C
Next: Porsche 917k; Ford Focus WRC 2010

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

You're putting a lot of effort in this build. And it shows. It's going to be great looking model
when finished. Great progress so far. One thing - I cannot see if you glued A5 and A6 parts on.
I've almost missed them in my build. Depending on camera configuration you choose, one of
both of them should be glued on before primer and paint, imho.

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

fade_to_black wrote: One question: What do you think about Tamiya's effort on engine and gearbox? Is it real naked as it looks?
They do look rather under detailed. But then on photos of real car I have, there are only anti-roll bar,
third damper and rockers, I could see. Of course there are lots of cables and small details around that
engine. But with currently available references it would be impossible to make accurate model, imho.

gpman
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by gpman »

you are really doing a nice job on this. you're making mine look too rushed :lol: I'll be following your build as i continue with mine. will be interesting if we can bounce ideas of each other :D

keep up the good work

phil

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Great work. !

All the time you're investing at the moment will certainly pay off with the finished model.

Topic author
De21
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Germany

Post by De21 »

thanks for the comments guys!
lezdep wrote:I cannot see if you glued A5 and A6 parts on.
I've almost missed them in my build. Depending on camera configuration you choose, one of
both of them should be glued on before primer and paint, imho.
Yes, I glued them on. And it is a good tip for anyone building this kit, when I saw them on the sprue I had no idea where these tiny parts should go :wink:. You should also make sure that you glue part A4 on before painting which I accidently threw away :oops: but I was able to rescue it (which involved me rifle through a garbage can :lol:)
lezdep wrote:
fade_to_black wrote: One question: What do you think about Tamiya's effort on engine and gearbox? Is it real naked as it looks?
They do look rather under detailed. But then on photos of real car I have, there are only anti-roll bar,
third damper and rockers, I could see. Of course there are lots of cables and small details around that
engine. But with currently available references it would be impossible to make accurate model, imho.
I can only agree with Sergey, the engine looks really basic especially the gearbox, 2 or 3 electronic boxes would have been nice. But nonetheless If you are brave enough you can add them yourself :wink:

nmasahiko
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by nmasahiko »

BigDuke6 wrote:i had to cut some green off my decals to make them fit the tamiya wheels: (5mm)

It looks good. I have same decal so I will try to use it.

fade_to_black
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by fade_to_black »

Decs0105 wrote:thanks for the comments guys!

lezdep wrote:
I can only agree with Sergey, the engine looks really basic especially the gearbox, 2 or 3 electronic boxes would have been nice. But nonetheless If you are brave enough you can add them yourself :wink:
I guess today everything is more camouflaged. Thanks for both replies!
keep the good work rolling!

Best regards
Finishing: Sauber C30; Lotus 107C
Next: Porsche 917k; Ford Focus WRC 2010