Another Fujimi F1 GTR Imminent?

Le Mans, Trans-Am, road racing, etc.

hirofkd
Backmarker
Backmarker

Re: Another Fujimi F1 GTR Imminent?

Post by hirofkd »

The Long tail kit is somewhat better because Fujimi corrected the position of the chassis, which allowed the side of the body to come down lower. (But the kit has its own problems.) Road car and Short tail kits have the same shallow chassis tub, so the bottom is too high by about 1.5 mm, and together with the over-sized tires&wheels, it creates a larger-than-necessary ground clearance.

Also, Fujimi introduced a new problem in the short tail kit. There's no mesh details on the engine and exhaust covers. All of the ova openings are molded shut, and the hexagonal pattern on the road car body is gone. They aren't even indented, so Fujimi's own road car PE parts don't work.

One positive improvement over the road car and long tail kits is that there is a triangular cut near the end of the door sill, which was missing in the earlier kits. Another thing I've noticed in the short tail kit is that there are many blocked gates in sprue C, D and L, and I'm guessing L5 and L6 will be alternative wing end plates, like that of the LM.
Since Fujimi mistakenly included the LM wheels in the GTR kits, if they release the LM, it'd have the least number of errors among their McLaren F1 kits.

Topic author
MGBrown
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by MGBrown »

drledford93 wrote:Oh boy! I'll be taking at least one of the Zuhai '96 cars, thank you very much... ;) Maybe even a Harrod's '95...
Fujimi has produced the Zuhai '96 version kit as stock number 126012 (RS-7). Unfortunately they have omitted the "smoking" decals but I am hopeful that a company such as Studio 27 or Tabu will offer the fill in decals so we do not have to buy the whole sheet as shown above (sold out most places that I looked also).

I cannot believe that Fujimi would fail to offer the Harrod's LeMans F1-GTR since it is such a popular livery with the slot car and die cast crowd… we shall see.

jonouk1
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by jonouk1 »

I believe that the Harrod's car was on the original release schedule.

Please also see http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbullet ... ?t=1138534 for a beautiful build of the Zuhai car.

regards

Jon

Topic author
MGBrown
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by MGBrown »

I finally have examples of these kits in hand.

I cannot, after a cursory examination, see where correcting the ride height would be all that difficult. Granted- we shouldn't have to do corrective work to a kit in this day and age, but it is required some times and it's not a shock to me when I have to break out a razor saw and epoxy.

The automotive forums posting was quite informative, thank you to Jon for sharing it.

Somehow I missed the Harrod's kit announcement. I sincerely hope that it is in the pipeline from Fujimi. We at least have the Tabu decals if we need them.

hirofkd
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by hirofkd »

Harrod's version hasn't been announced yet. We only have three Le Mans (Gulf, Ueno Clinic, West FM) and one BPR version.
But I've noticed that parts L5 and L6 are pictured in the instruction of the Le Man version, but not included in any of the currently available kits, and I'm guessing the orange LM version will be released in the future. The BPR kit's sprue Kw also has an extra space, but I don't know what it's for.

Tabu's Harrod's decal set has been sold out in may places, so I'm debating myself whether I should get one now, instead of waiting for Fujimi to release it, which may or may not happen.

Topic author
MGBrown
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by MGBrown »

It is a shame that on some of the trees parts not to be used in the version shown on the box have been blocked off or removed. :(

In the past Fujimi have included extra parts and they have been welcome additions to the spare parts box to supplement other builds.