Finished! Tameo F2000 M. Schumacher

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Topic author
JohnnyFerrari
Backmarker
Backmarker

Finished! Tameo F2000 M. Schumacher

Post by JohnnyFerrari »

Tameo 1/43...

:D Johnny

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

RE: Finished! Tameo F2000 M. Schumacher

Post by jaykay »

Looking good!

Try playing a bit with the white balance of your digicam to get rid of the yellow/red look of the pictures. Your model deserves it :-)

ioan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ioan »

I'm always amazed about the quality of these microscopic builds! Nice one!

Topic author
JohnnyFerrari
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by JohnnyFerrari »

jaykay, thanks for the advice i played around with the camara and fixed the yellow/red look..
here more pics..

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Your builds are getting better and better. Nice to see the bargeboards on this one Johnny. Well done.

A couple of thoughts for the next one, i usually cut the mounting pin off the overhead camera and glue it direct to the airbox. that way you are sure to avoid a gap between the two. Also, drilling out the exhaust pipes can be a simple way to show a little more detail. but yes, a very nice build.

cheers,
michael

BTW, it may be my screen, but I think the color actually looks truer in the first set of pictures? Perhaps try photographing outside on a sunny day, but in a shaded area (ie up against a wall of the house where the angle of the sun creates a triangle of shade). That's usually the simplest way to give the camera enough light to accurately capture the colours. Just a thought.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Play some more...until they look more like this :-)

Sorry if i'm a bit cruel Johnny....i couldn't resist:-)

Topic author
JohnnyFerrari
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by JohnnyFerrari »

43rd Michael, thanks for the tips, but i cant take the pictures outside, over here its snowing, and theres snow on the ground.

Jaykay those pictures really look like how the model looks in real life, how did u do that?

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

Most digital cameras have a way to do a manual white balance... You usually have to point it at a white object, like the paper, and set it.

How to do that depends on the camera.

E

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Johnny

That's a 20 second Photoshop operation. First, automatic image correction and then brightening up the picture a bit... and discarding a bit of the surrounding whiteness:-)
I guess your camera is not "state of the art" so you can't get any closer. Check the manual anyway and look for the manual white balance that Eric mentioned. If you don't have it ( which is possible....my small one doesn't have it either ) your best bet will be trying what Michael suggested.
Snow is actually not bad ( just don't get it on your model :-) The light you get with snow and an overcast sky is much better than the "sunny blue sky" light in summer. Give it a try!

Topic author
JohnnyFerrari
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by JohnnyFerrari »

jaykay, this is my camara http://www.nikonimaging.com/global/prod ... ic_001.jpg
its farley new it has micro and white balance, i put it on "flourecent" for the second set of pics that u modified.
and for some reason i cant get close ups of the tameo, everytime i try to get close shoots they dont come out right.