Wolf kits VS other Brasilian kits

Finished models...

Topic author
goldstone

Wolf kits VS other Brasilian kits

Post by goldstone »

Hello all,

As I am very new in "resin building", I have a few questions...I just got my first Wolf kit.
The Copersucar F5...It seems to be of high quality...I have seen some kits of " ACE" models and there quality seems to be very poor( maybe a one man operation ?) ...Other Brasilian kits also seem to be better...Is there any connection?...Are they working togheter...? Are there any web sites
or any more info about these kit makers ? :?:

Thanks in advance,
G.Goldstone

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

:lol: Since I know how this kind of topic usually ends up becoming, I have prepared my own worm can image to use it when it is suitable!! :lol: :lol: and thus saving words...
PS: poor quality is not the result of "one man operation", but the result of one or two hundred working unproperly... ;-)
PS2: I cannot help feeling some suspicion about topics saying
"Brand1 is very good while Brand2 is crap, what do you think?"
when the brands starring are almost always the same, it's more flashing yet!! :lol: Oh, my god, worms are there!!!

SWestern
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by SWestern »

James, That is one ugly image!

PS. I love all 1/20 resin/metal/plastic F1 kits. Keep them coming!

Emersonsquirrel
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fittipaldi, Surtees, Williams, McLaren, Lotus
Great Britain

Post by Emersonsquirrel »

I don't feel the best qualified to comment on this, as there are more experienced modellers than me out there, but I do have models from Iritani, Ace, AMD, Wolf and Alfa, so feel I can at least share my findings! :lol:

To be honest there are good and bad parts to any kit - I'm working on a Studio 27 kit at the mo and it's hardly making itself :wink:

The one big plus with the Brazilian manufacturers is that they tend to tackle the more unusual cars that the Japanese don't, like the Fittipaldis, Ensigns, Surtees' etc, so really if you want those you have to pay your money and take your choice!

Sometimes the quality can be disappointing - the Wolf RB1 springs to mind, but as it's the only version out there - I had to have it! It may just be me of course as Jean - Paul has managed to make a fantastic kit out of it and Captain Mark's is looking pretty good too. :wink:

I'm glad you think the F5 kit is good - I've got the F7 and again, as it's the only game in town, I'm willing to overlook any shortcomings that some may wish to point out!

I think we have a fantastic variety of options available at the moment and should just be thankful for that. I'm sure that the Brazilians are trying hard to improve their quality and certainly the most recent ones that I've bought are better than the earlier ones. I think your buying decision will come down to who produces the kit you want, rather than whose is the best quality, there is only a little overlap! :lol:

ES

Medina
Formula e
Formula e

Post by Medina »

This is one of the best Brazilian makers: Redfive - www.redfive.com.br.

I don't know how they are selling at this moment, but I got the 4 kits they did:
Ferrari F2004 Nurburgring GP, McLaren MP 4/20, Jaguar R5 German GP, Minardi PS05 - China GP.

Regards
Lotus 99T on the Bench!!

NP#3TIMES
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by NP#3TIMES »

First of all dear "goldstone" , welcome to this Forum, my friend!

As several members here already know, I am a professional modeler here in Brazil with more than 20 years of experience and during this time I have built all kind of kits that you can imagine, from ACE Models to Zaco (in alphabetical order!).

The quality of the Brazilian kits can be considered in a very nice level nowadays, of course a little bit lower compared to the Japanese brands in some aspects, but in a general point of view I rate the Brazilian brands on a top quality level.

I think that you were very lucky to have purchased first the Wolf 1/20 Copersucar F5 and NOT for example the Wolf 1/20 Arrows A3 (of 1980 or 1981) that feature a very loooooong front wing in the sytle of the IRL cars! :) Besides it, you can be considered as a very lucky man too as you did not purchase the most recent release of Wolf, the 1/20 Footwork Porsche FA12 as it looks like a Formula 3 car, strangely a very short car, or even the Wolf 1/20 March 821 with its "smashed looking" front wing...

Anyway, I am not here to criticise the Wolf kits but to help all the other members of this Forum and the truth has to be ALWAYS ABOVE everything!

I have built ALL the ACE Models kits and I can assure you that what you see in the box when you open it does NOT reflect what it really is as these kits are very detailed ones, and the most important of all (in my opinion), the projects are all very accurate, from the resin casting to the decal sheets featuring a very nice final looking when the model is built on the shelf. ACE Models kits are well known worldwide due to their accuracy! Of course, as all resin kits, they require some extra and careful work (adjustments) compared to the plastic stuff but as everybody knows here at this Forum, resin kits are NOT a work for beginners...

As Wolf and ACE, the Red 5, Iritani, Alfa Models, Orange House and RTN kits are all manufactured here in Brazil too and all of them always face several technical difficulties that, in my opinion, raises the value of these products and as I mentioned before, the Japanese brands require a lot of extra work too like adjustments and tests in order to achieve a satisfatory final result. When the modeler gets some extra experience this work becomes a real challange and this is the best part of all!

As mentioned before, for me, the most importany in any kit that is produced worldwide is the accuracy of the project. Have you all seen what happened to the Fujimi Ferrari 126C2 kit ??? This long awaited product features several big mistakes which forced some other manufacturers to release their "transkits" (and thanks God they did so!) to correct the mess Fujimi did!!!. It makes no sense to have a beautifully injected kit with tons of photo etches and bright metal parts when the whole project is a crap! This is really disgusting!

My dear "goldstone", I hope that you like your Wolf 1/20 Copersucar F5 and if possible please share with all of us from this Forum your assembling work as soon as you start to assemble this item as I am sure that it will be a pleasure for everybody from this Forum to follow your work!

In time: where are you from? I noticed that you wrote "Brazilian kits" with an "S" = BRASILIAN which makes me fell quite sure that you are from Brazil as this is a very common writing error from all BraZilians!!! Maybe we are neighbours (is it possible that you live at Grajú City your FDP???) or maybe you only opened this topic here to write bad impressions about the ACE Models kits which makes me feel nearly 100% sure that you are linked to Wolf kits... It is VERY strange that someone that never built a resin kit before starts exactly with a Wolf kit from Brazil and how on earth with no experience with resin kits you can write bad impressions about ACE kits if you never ever purchased one of these kits before? Just asking and... it would be nice to read your comments on that!

My very best regards to you!

Sandro

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Anyway, I am not here to criticise the Wolf kits !
...hmmm don't wanna imagine then waht'd happen if you were!! :)
always face several technical difficulties that, in my opinion, raises the value of these products
Sorry, this doesn't make sense: construction difficulties might be a thrilling or challenging factor, but never makes the model more value for money.
As mentioned before, for me, the most importany in any kit that is produced worldwide is the accuracy of the project
This I absolutely agree, though! ;-)
or maybe you only opened this topic here to write bad impressions about the ACE Models kits which makes me feel nearly 100% sure that you are linked to Wolf kits...
...I thought the same, but maybe you should also tell mr gold that you are "a bit" linked to ACE, no?
Honestly, you know I always say A-There's not good/bad brands but good/bad particular models B- I hate hearing negative comments about "brazilian kits" as if nationalities defined qualities.
But I am a bit tired of misterious comments from one "side" rubbishing the "other" one... :roll: no matter what side they come from.
And I think answering fire with fire won't help...