Revell 1/24 Jordan Mugen Honda EJ10 speed build

Area to upload images, movies, etc. of simulated F1 cars, i.e. models

Topic author
AntPhillips
Backmarker
Backmarker

Revell 1/24 Jordan Mugen Honda EJ10 speed build

Post by AntPhillips »

This kit was built for a 2 week Group Build over on MUG, the aim of the GB was to get modelling, the kit had to be built straight OOB and was to cost no more than GBP10.00 (approx USD20.00).

It didn't help things that I was away for 4 days in the middle of the GB, but I got there in the end, its not my best work, and I only had time to work with the paints at hand, the yellow used is probably slightly too dark and too orange, but its all I had.

I may well revisit this kit in the future and give it the works, but it is not Revell's best by a long way, the fit of some parts is trully atrocious and the breakdown of parts somewhat bewhildering at times. The wheels aren't fitted in most of the shots for a reason they don't fit onto the stub axles that Revell provide, now you would think I'd have tried fitting them before, but as I thought they were going to be a push fit I deliberately didn't, the end result being I have a Jordan that the wheels fall off

I'll fix them later, now the pressures off, and before any one comments I'll also do the mirrors in BMF, not that Jarno ever uses his mirrors of course ;-).

It's been fun working to a deadline, and it is good to clear part of the stash.
Last edited by AntPhillips on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

RE: Revell 1/24 Jordan Mugen Honda EJ10 speed build

Post by CaptainMark »

Looks like excellent work for just two weeks! Minus 4 days of course... well done!
Image Image

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

RE: Revell 1/24 Jordan Mugen Honda EJ10 speed build

Post by Shunter »

Great job. For the time it took i am envious, i wish i had that much time to devote to a build.....lol