Anyone recently buy from Hobbyworld USA?

Ask away...

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Anyone recently buy from Hobbyworld USA?

Post by danibear »

So I just noticed Hobbyworld USA is back online, I did not visited it after it "swallow" my 2 orders in a roll about 2-3 years ago....

But heard someone mentioned it is OK now and with a new logo. So just wondering if anyone buy from it recently?

I want to buy Zero Paint 2K etch prime, I do not find it anywhere in USA except Hobbyworld USA. Shipping directly from Hiroboy UK is feasible but shipping seems stupid for a less than $20 item.

Thanks for help.

BullittStang
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Joe
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nigel Mansell
United States of America

Re: Anyone recently buy from Hobbyworld USA?

Post by BullittStang »

Great question, I've been wondering the same thing myself. About 6 months ago I placed an order for some Zero Paints Rosso Corsa 300, and while they happily took my money, I never received the item. Didn't even get any responses to my many email asking for a status. If they are back, I hope they're making good on old orders.

Edit: After reading the OP, I sent another note via their updated website regarding my open order. Within 15 minutes I received a response with an update that my order was being packaged and will ship today.

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

BullittStang wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:39 am Great question, I've been wondering the same thing myself. About 6 months ago I placed an order for some Zero Paints Rosso Corsa 300, and while they happily took my money, I never received the item. Didn't even get any responses to my many email asking for a status. If they are back, I hope they're making good on old orders.

Edit: After reading the OP, I sent another note via their updated website regarding my open order. Within 15 minutes I received a response with an update that my order was being packaged and will ship today.
Oh, great for you.

I found a Poland retail that can ship to USA for like $5-8, I will go that way. Save the hassle dealing with Hobbyworld USA as I found bad google reviews with the last 2 months. :D

jorgeralvear
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Jorge Alvear
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Kimi/Ferrari
Chile

Post by jorgeralvear »

What’s the store in Poland that sells Zero paints and ships them so cheaply?

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

No idea, but the listing price for ZP etch prime is double the price of hiroboy/ZP, maybe that’s why…..lol

Update: I changed my mind to buy from a Canada shop, Paints, Models and More, shipping is $20 ZP etch prime is $20and arrive within 5 business days.

Anyway, huge relief to at least can get it in USA without like $50-70 shipping from UK.

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

BTW, at PMM, I noticed some interesting Fat Frog 1/24 Tamiya GMA detail parts, wheels, cam cover & ignition coil, fan blades.

Never heard of Fat Frog detail parts, anyone?

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Try Upscale Hobbies here in the USA for Zero Products. I have bought many times in the past. I have only bought from them threw FaceBook but I think they have a regular website. And Fat Frog is a member here. Never heard anything negative about buying from him. Good Luck!!
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

dingo07
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: DJ
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by dingo07 »

Have you tried Gravity Colors https://gravity-colors.com/model-car-paints/? They ship fast to USA and it didn't cost an arm and a leg, just a finger you get to choose!

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

Icon_Modeler wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:30 pm Try Upscale Hobbies here in the USA for Zero Products. I have bought many times in the past. I have only bought from them threw FaceBook but I think they have a regular website. And Fat Frog is a member here. Never heard anything negative about buying from him. Good Luck!!
Thanks. I did checked Upscale Hobbies previously, they do have ZP color paint, but does not have etch primer. The only product I use from ZP is their metal & resin etch primer which is the best primer for metal and resin I've experience. ZP color paint is not comparable as Finisher's paint to me. Just my personally preference. ZP color paint is generally too hot, too easy to "shrink" the plastics, also color cure surface is not as beautiful and durable as Finisher's. Again, just my own experience and own way of fixed painting procedures and products after long time of failures and experiments.

Oh, the Fat Frog detail parts for 1/24 Tamiya GMA I am talking about are below:

https://www.paintsmodelsandmore.com/pro ... 2-versions

https://www.paintsmodelsandmore.com/pro ... r-gma-t-50

https://www.paintsmodelsandmore.com/pro ... r-gma-t-50

Seems quite interesting to me. Are these made by Fat Frog member here? If so, it would be great! I will buy whenever these are available.
BTW, I believe making 3D prints of ignition coil & cam covers for Tamiya 1/24 Laferrari, FXX K, Enzo, FXX would also be good buy.
And 3D print of electric motor for Tamiya 1/24 Laferrari. (Hobby design did electric motor for FXX K, but not for Laferrari).

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

dingo07 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:48 pm Have you tried Gravity Colors https://gravity-colors.com/model-car-paints/? They ship fast to USA and it didn't cost an arm and a leg, just a finger you get to choose!
Thanks. Gravity Colors does not have primer specifically for metal and resin. I am not interested in their color paints. I only use their 2K clear coat which is the best to me. The finish surface is very nice, most of the time I even does not need to polish.