Finishers 1/20 Jordan Yamaha 192

Finished models...

Steffen_T
Team Owner
Team Owner

Re: Finishers 1/20 Jordan Yamaha 192

Post by Steffen_T »

Incredible how much work you had to put in this car.
But it was worth the effort. It looks fantastic and your choice of colours fits very good.

Which colours have you used for the red and the two shades of blue?
For my studio27 transkit I intend to use a bottle of zero paints brilliant blue similar to TS44. For the other colours I thought about Leyton House blue, and red similar to TS49.

Topic author
daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Steffen_T wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:09 am Incredible how much work you had to put in this car.
But it was worth the effort. It looks fantastic and your choice of colours fits very good.

Which colours have you used for the red and the two shades of blue?
For my studio27 transkit I intend to use a bottle of zero paints brilliant blue similar to TS44. For the other colours I thought about Leyton House blue, and red similar to TS49.
Thanks for all the nice comments, really appreciate it.
Steffen, I used the Zero Jordan 193 paint for the dark blue and Zero Coral blue similar to TS41 for the light blue. For the red I used a Zero red from a Benetton B188 set that I already had. For the white on the sidepod it was Zero Honda racing white.
Hope that helps, thanks again to everyone who has commented, nice to get positive feedback after a long build (the build has taken place over a long time but that's a big reflection on the fact that I don't get to spend much time building).

Paul_OFarrell
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Your Name: Paul O'Farrell
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Paul_OFarrell »

Hi all,

I’ve been lucky enough to see this particular project in several stages throughout its build. What David has achieved with this kit is complimentary to his formidable skills.
The front wing required significant surgery as David has already explained. It was not a simple fix to get the height of the wing correct either, the main plane is cast in one piece in white metal and took weeks of patient reshaping work to eliminate all the casting flaws and be made correct. Similarly with the engine cover - it has also had significant correctional work to look closer to the required shape.
All that bodywork and quite a busy livery to boot has resulted in what you see here.
Great work David, the Jordan 192 is a rarely seen completed model and the finished results are exceptional.

Cheers, Paul
Sydney, Oz

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Jeff »

Fantastic result!

Daliracing
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Gert
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: 3.5l era.
Belgium

Post by Daliracing »

Amazing build which was a joy for follow! Great paintjob as always when you do a build!