daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Help on Lancia Delat, Delta Integrale, Super Delta

Post by daniel »

A question to the pros.
I'm trying to figure out the differecne between als those Lancis Deltas...

we have the Italeri kit, HF Integral V16
https://www.italeri.com/en/product/2991

Is this here the same car
Only difference I see is the roof spoiler and one thing that puzzles me the most...are the rear arches wider ? ? ?

And what makes the SUPER Integrale super compared to the Italeri Integrale. I want to convert the Italeri the CHARRO car....
or this one
but I guess it's the same as the CHARRO car.

Thanks for any input !!

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Help on Lancia Delat, Delta Integrale, Super Delta

Post by JamesB »

Haha, it´s curious the other day I had a similar chat with a modeling pal, recollecting a bit the different models.
It´s easy, specially if you forget about all the recurrent HF, 4wd, etc labels and put your attention on the features:
1-First gr. A, the 1987 car. Body same as the 1980 Delta, with some bumper changes. No flared wings, NOTHING. Stock car
2-The Integrale, from Portugal 88. Bulky wheel arches (though moderate). FLAT engine bonnet, 8 Valve engine
3-The Integrale 16V, same as before, but arch-top engine bonnet. Debuted SanRemo 89, dressed as one-off red.
4- The Super Delta. 1992-3, big wheel arches (more), bumpy engine cover, more, rear wing, bulkier bumpers and smaller headlights. Yes, the badass one.
And nothing more. 2 and 3 are almost the same but for the engine cover. 1 and 4 quite different.
At 1/24...
1- exists in Ixo-Hachette-Salvat version diecast, QUITE recommandable. Only game in town.
2- DOES NOT exist... (but...)
3- Existes in Hasegawa, IXO versions. A bonnet replacement and you have 3. (also the 1/12 Italeri) and a Protar 1/24 you´d better forget!!!
4- The most reproduced. IXO, Hase, even Burago withy nice opening doors and bonnets!

Both the CHARRO and the 1993 Totip one are 1992 "4". Escept for the decals.
Hope this helps. I have to write it down sometimes :lol:

Topic author
daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Germany

Post by daniel »

to make it short....no way to turn the 1/12 Italeri into the Charro or Totip...sad :(

Flinstone
Formula e
Formula e
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Great Britain

Post by Flinstone »

The Totip livery was used on the earlier versions of the Delta and there is a seller on that auction site that sells 1/12 decals for the Italeri kit. I have never used them, so unsure what they are like.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

To make it even shorter, with some scratch building and bravery, yes you can

Topic author
daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Germany

Post by daniel »

Flinstone wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:31 pm The Totip livery was used on the earlier versions of the Delta and there is a seller on that auction site that sells 1/12 decals for the Italeri kit. I have never used them, so unsure what they are like.
Auctionsite site ?!

The idea was to create my own silkscreened decals for that kit. But it doesn't make too much sense if the kit is too different.

Flinstone
Formula e
Formula e
Great Britain

Post by Flinstone »

The Totip decals are on ebay. The livery was different on the earlier Deltas, they tended to be more sharp lines than the torn paper look on the Deltona (evo). If you really want the final version of the Delta in 1/12 then you could modify it as others have suggested and print your own decals or build the MFH 1/12 Delta, which is the correct type you are looking for. I think MFH only made it in Martini livery, so you need to still create your own decals.

An easier route would be the Italeri 16v model with the age appropriate Totip livery, but it is not as appealing as the later car.

Flinstone
Formula e
Formula e
Great Britain

Post by Flinstone »

I think the biggest visual difference between the 16v and the final Deltona was the rear wing. The wheel arches may be slightly bigger, but it maybe difficult to tell them apart unless the two versions were shown together. There may be other intake ducts, but you should be able to fabricate those from photos. The main differences were internal. The final Delta version had improved cooling and this included the power steering system. The power was increased with a bigger turbo and the torque spilt had more rear bias. I don't think you would have too much problem modifying the standard 16v kit.

Topic author
daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Germany

Post by daniel »

The idea was to make a simple transkit since I'm bringing "Scale Details" back to life and thinking about projects. Some decals for the Italera Delta would be nice including a new bonnet, the rear spoiler and maybe an "add-on" for the wheel arches to make them bigger...at least the rear ones. Maybe new front grille/lamps.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Had not grasped (or imagined) the idea was a trans. No, no way it’s just the rear spoiler that counts.
Wheel arches are wider but mostly “different “ as between Quattro I and Quattro A2.
The transition with the “standard” body is curved.
Good thing is the new arches cover and overlap old ones.
Bad is that transition is smooth and it’s hard to make a resin part like this, and sand it smooth. Other bad is that at 1/12 any inaccuracy will be flashy.
You’d need arches, bumpers, engine cover, rims and tyres, headlights, er and yes! A rear wing.
Besides I can’t see why these two liveries would sell well. The REPSOL one? Yes, but these 🤔
It’s way easier and more likely to have success backdating it to 8 valve integrale