Aftermarket parts for the beemax Lotus 99T

Post away...

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Aftermarket parts for the beemax Lotus 99T

Post by plastiksurgeon »

So, I have the BeeMax Lotus 99t and I have their detail set ! I'm just wondering if anybody knows about any aftermarket parts or rumors that are, or will, be available for the kit beyond that ?

Even though I have started the kit I would love to catch up on anything that might be available for it !

Thanks guys !

Cheers,
Steve Mohlenkamp
when I was young, all the boys made model cars, ...some of us just never stopped !

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Re: Aftermarket parts for the beemax Lotus 99T

Post by daveyman »

Do you ever do WIP on your builds Steve? I've only ever seen them appear as immaculately photographed jewels. Would love to see behind the curtain and see some in progress news.

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

Well, first off thank you for that great compliment !

I haven't done that, but maybe I should ! Maybe I'll start taking some photographs as this one progresses.
God knows there's cameras laying around here....

I guess I've always been so focused on getting the damn things done and getting them to the studio that I never think about progress photos....

Good idea !

Cheers,
Steve Mohlenkamp
when I was young, all the boys made model cars, ...some of us just never stopped !

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Be great if you could Steve but fully understand if it disturbs the flow of the build. What's your opinion on the lotus so far? I'm still waiting for mine in the UK.

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

Well considering how much everybody hates it, I'm having a good time with it ! Of course, there are some little shortcomings like that oil tank on the transmission and some body lines that need sanding down, but overall I really like it. I've never felt that a model should put itself together or what am I for ?

And the accompanying detail set from Beemax is an amazing value at 68 bucks. Nicest photo etch Wing plates I've ever seen, and it includes camel decals, and countless sheets of templated carbon. I did see a lot on the other post about high price of 250 to 300 Euros, .... But I only have about $230 in mine, including the detail set. HLJ....

I'm just happy to have this car available in 12th scale.

Cheers,
Steve

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

Well considering how much everybody hates it, I'm having a good time with it ! Of course, there are some little shortcomings like that oil tank on the transmission and some body lines that need sanding down, but overall I really like it. I've never felt that a model should put itself together or what am I for ?

And the accompanying detail set from Beemax is an amazing value at 68 bucks. Nicest photo etch Wing plates I've ever seen, and it includes camel decals, and countless sheets of templated carbon. I did see a lot on the other post about high price of 250 to 300 Euros, .... But I only have about $250 in mine, including the detail set. HLJ....

I'm just happy to have this car available in 12th scale.

Cheers,
Steve

Gorf
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Steve
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by Gorf »

I am not having any major difficulties with my build.At this point less trouble than I had with MFH Lotus 97-T at three times the cost!
I would like to see someone with a printer offer a different rear wing assembly say for Detroit Senna's last Lotus win.
Steve this reminds me ,did you ever get in touch with Ken?
Steve

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

I tried a couple of times but I just wasn't able to make contact with him ?

Maybe I should try again... Do you have his current contact info. I'm not sure I still have it.

As a motorsports writer as well as photographer, I really always thought an article (or better yet, book) on his unique point of view from those Senna days would be spectacular ! High interest !!! It would still be very timely today.... I would gladly write it !

I'm glad you're enjoying the 99T too. I've tired of everyone's bitching. They should just buy nice diecasts and be done with it. So much crying about that little flaw on the left side of the belly pan which a little putty and a little sandpaper will fix perfectly ...and easily.

Did you get the detail set too, Steve ?

Cheers,
Steve Mohlenkamp

Gorf
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Steve
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by Gorf »

Steve,
I do have the detail set and as you said a value for the cost but must say that the safety harness in either version is a bit confusing.
C F decals are great.
I will PM you about Ken
Steve

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

That's perfect Steve, thank you!

I would love to try and reach Ken again !