Aftermarket parts for the beemax Lotus 99T

Post away...

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Aftermarket parts for the beemax Lotus 99T

Post by gp-models »

plastiksurgeon wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:01 pm
I've tired of everyone's bitching. They should just buy nice diecasts and be done with it. So much crying about that little flaw on the left side of the belly pan which a little putty and a little sandpaper will fix perfectly ...and easily.
Realy??
As far as i`ve seen the issues continue and no one was "crying" about that flaw, there are several other issues too. Maybe you`re not ahead with your build, but this kit is nothing for unexperienced modelers in any way, and as far as i`ve seen, i stay with my Tamiya 1:20 version which is better to me and has not all that flaws i had to remove and rebuild like with this kit. I`ll surely buy more likely the Meng MP 4/4 in that case.
Take a stand!

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Hi Steve

FatFrog made some nice looking replacement radiators.

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/rb0mp ... fzalz.html

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

Thanks, Michael, I checked those out and I'll be ordering some ! I appreciate it...

Cheers,
Steve Mohlenkamp
when I was young, all the boys made model cars, ...some of us just never stopped !

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

plastiksurgeon wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:01 pm I've tired of everyone's bitching. They should just buy nice diecasts and be done with it. So much crying about that little flaw on the left side of the belly pan which a little putty and a little sandpaper will fix perfectly ...and easily.
Cheers,
Steve Mohlenkamp
Thank You very much for the compliment. It's exactly such nasty comments that make the tone in the forum.
And even making false claims: the kit is a kit "forgotten" by Tamiya that Beemax is now finally releasing.
And finally - where are Your building pictures with the simple solution to the "problems".

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

scaleautofactory wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:39 am
plastiksurgeon wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:01 pm I've tired of everyone's bitching. They should just buy nice diecasts and be done with it. So much crying about that little flaw on the left side of the belly pan which a little putty and a little sandpaper will fix perfectly ...and easily.
Cheers,
Steve Mohlenkamp
Thank You very much for the compliment. It's exactly such nasty comments that make the tone in the forum.
And even making false claims: the kit is a kit "forgotten" by Tamiya that Beemax is now finally releasing.
And finally - where are Your building pictures with the simple solution to the "problems".

In reference to your quote hijacked from a totally different thread, I apologize dearly for my 'nasty' comments. My intent was never to upset anyone. Even though I've been here for about 18 years, and totally enjoyed interacting with everyone, ...apparently I've become a nuisance and a problem and I'm now destroying the 'tone' of the forum. I will now be gone, and this will be my final post. I have run my course like a virus, and it's time to fade away. The last thing I want to be is yours or anyone's problem.

Before I go, I will say that the only reason I bitched and cried about the bitching and crying, is that I never saw much of anything positive said about this kit at all. I looked at the opportunity to build a 1:12 scale Lotus 99t for a couple of hundred bucks as a gift. I knew there would be shortcomings. Every kit has them, but the opportunity to have a new 1:12 kit to work on and build and enjoy is a positive thing to me. An optimist to me is someone who would spend their last dollar on a money belt, but I didn't feel much optimism about this kit from that 31 page thread I started. If I knew how to eliminate the threads I started, I would have eliminated that one and this one immediately on your response.

As for my 'false claims'...

I simply speculated that since the box art, the instructions cover and many other facets of this kit looked so exceedingly much like 1990's Tamiya releases, that the possibility probably existed that this thing had been hanging around in the archives, undone, in the bowels of the Tamiya factory collecting dust, and someone in the industry decided it was time to finally produce the kit and resurrect the endeavor, and might have negotiated a way to carry the project on from where it had stalled, without recreating all that had been done. It had all the symptoms. Why else would BeeMax use all the familiar trademarks of a Tamiya kit, right down to the art (same artist obviously) that Tamiya had used. It seemed to me that all this might have been planned in the 90s, but abandoned for whatever reasons a company decides not to put out a kit after researching it and developing the project partway.

I very much apologize for upsetting you with a 'false claim'. I'm sure there's a site online where you can obtain some thicker skin so that these 'false claims' don't bother you so much.

False claims...... Geeeeeezus.

And finally, as you put it, I also apparently need to apologize for not providing you with pictures of how I fix these simple problems. I guess I just never felt that applying a little putty, sanding it down and smoothing the surface to eliminate a casting imperfection, would need photographic proof. I have never been one to document my builds and apparently I need to apologize for that as well. I was simply too stupid to realize that I 'owed' you photographic proof of my opinions. As a commercial photographer by trade, my focus has always been on building the model and taking final photographs of it. I'm sorry for the error of my ways and that I don't please you with my way of doing things. You won't have to put up with my shitty, 'nasty' ways any longer.

Cheers to the friends I've made here on this site. I will miss you.

Goodbye,
Steve Mohlenkamp
Last edited by plastiksurgeon on Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
when I was young, all the boys made model cars, ...some of us just never stopped !

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

unbelievable , guy's model's are what we should talk about , that's it really simple , last couple years I have noticed a lot of unnecessary comments being made , seems like we going to **** here !!

Sennafan
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari

Mansell
United States of America

Post by Sennafan »

Steve is great and hopefully he will post again

Lost too many off this site for similar reasons

That’s why I don’t post WIPs anymore

Like my Daytona, and double build 641 and 643

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Germany

If my criticism of the quality of a current 2022 kit - I'm not talking about a Protar kit - is labelled as complaining and you should buy diecast models instead, then I should just accept it, right?

I expressed my criticism of the quality of this so-called Tamiya kit and was comprehensively insulted - fact.

And such statements about the fact that it is a never-released kit from Tamiya and has now been sold to beemax are simply accepted as true without criticism, aren't they?
IMG_7143.png

And to top it all off, leaving the forum in a huff instead of engaging in a discussion shows "true greatness".
Just my two critical euro cents.

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

I work to keep my nose out of other people’s business, … but when we get to the point that an experienced, generous, skilled and kind member of the community throws in the towel, then it becomes everyone’s business.

Are you happy Torsten?

Steve is entirely within his rights to apply the ‘life is too short test’. Please reflect rather than blow a raspberry at him as he leaves.

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Germany

Ok i wrong as usual.
I have always except these comments as a benefit:
IMG_7215.jpeg
Because they come from a "experienced, generous, skilled and kind member of the community"
And i'm a totally stupid man who has no rights to review and criticism any kit comming out new in the world.

Thanks for the clarification 43michael.