Thunder Valley still in business?

Ask away....

Seema
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Martin Seelos
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Williams, Toleman, Mclaren.
Austria

Re: Thunder Valley still in business?

Post by Seema »

Stop by macs modeling, he also produces turned aluminum rims for the three big ones from Tamiya and an excellent set for the 312T4. He's a friendly and very cool guy. Fast delivery and easy conversation.
http://www.macsmodeling.com/1-12%20Store.htm
Seema

SanMarino
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ventisette Rosso
Canada

Post by SanMarino »

Seema wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:49 pm Stop by macs modeling, he also produces turned aluminum rims for the three big ones from Tamiya and an excellent set for the 312T4. He's a friendly and very cool guy. Fast delivery and easy conversation.
Take note that Mac has ceased operations last summer: http://www.macsmodeling.com

Seema
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Martin Seelos
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Williams, Toleman, Mclaren.
Austria

Post by Seema »

SanMarino wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:14 pm
Seema wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:49 pm Stop by macs modeling, he also produces turned aluminum rims for the three big ones from Tamiya and an excellent set for the 312T4. He's a friendly and very cool guy. Fast delivery and easy conversation.
Take note that Mac has ceased operations last summer: http://www.macsmodeling.com
My last information from him was last year that he was continuing to produce his own products. If this is no longer current, I apologize.
Seema

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

pretty sure he is continuing to produce and has some new parts coming , he has given up the model importing part as shipping has killed profits , hence the mac's modelling shut down .
he will be continuing under the Arizona racing models name I believe .

SanMarino
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ventisette Rosso
Canada

Post by SanMarino »

I stand corrected.

I found his post of July last year when he made the announcement that he would continue with Arizona Racing Models, whereas Macs Modeling was closing down.

https://www.forum.f1m.com/viewtopic.php?t=33122

NachoZ
F2
F2
Your Name: John
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Lotus, McLaren, Red Bull
United States of America

Post by NachoZ »

I will add my experience with TVF1. I too, had read all of the horror stories about TVF1, but then I saw accounts that Paul had got his act together and was filling orders. He was even fulfilling back orders. I reached out to him about the Williams sets. He assured me he had everything so I placed my order. Much to my relief, everything showed up. Beautiful, beautiful parts. Some time passed and I purchased a Tamiya Ferrari 641/2. I again reached out to Paul and discussed another purchase. I plopped down a big chunk of change for everything he offered for the Ferrari. This time all that I received were excuses and promises. Lots of them. He was always polite and very apologetic with a nice dose of optimism that he would have my order ready shortly. And then, crickets. I’m sure that I am out hundreds of dollars. Just within the last week or two his website was out of commission.That domain name was up for sale,or something like that. However, I noticed that is back up and running. I truly wonder how many thousands or tens of thousands of dollars in unfulfilled orders are out there.

dingo07
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: DJ
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by dingo07 »

Similar to NachoZ, I too had a good buying experience with TVF1. I purchased everything he made for the 1:12 scale McLaren MP4/6, and received it all. It was my only purchase because I read online that people were not receiving what they ordered. Once I received my order I found a part missing and he promptly sent me 2 of them for free.
IMG_3797b.jpg

Gorf
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Steve
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by Gorf »

I dealt with Paul for many a year and was always treated well and orders were delivered until the MP4/6 wheel set.Still waiting on them:)
It's not the first time I've lost money in this hobby.
If he were to produce more 12th scale stuff and prove to me and others,I probably would try my luck again.
Steve

Fast289back
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Wolf
Canada

Post by Fast289back »

I too have place several orders with Paul and all but the last one have been fulfilled. Some of the orders have taken some time before they were sent but eventually the parts arrived. Paul has even included a few bonus DFV photoetch sets to make up for the delays. The last order was for the MP 4/6 and FW14B wheel sets. Those I have been waiting for since Sept of 2019. “MAYBE” one day they will arrive.

Sennafan
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari

Mansell
United States of America

Post by Sennafan »

I recently only bought off EBay, I got the 1/8 wheels eventually for the F40 and he gave me a free resin intake that fit perfectly, the Brake set and metal engine I got from an f1m user

I love his stuff, but not much has been available in a while