is there something more exciting to watch than MotoGP??

Post away...

Topic author
capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

is there something more exciting to watch than MotoGP??

Post by capri-schorsch »

Hi,
just wanted to share my emotions with this MotoGP year. It was an amazing year full of exciting races and lots of awesome memory's.
My family ( my Wife and my 2 girls) are crazy about this sport!
We watch every single practice and races.Even the Thursday press conferences will be watched here.
Absolute crazy my family!

Our summer holiday was planed around the race in Austria this year.
Tickets for next year races at the Sachsenring and Red Bull Ring also ordered.

Like the action a lot.Much much more than a Formula 1 race.

Hope here are some others who also share my passion about the crazy guys on the rockets?

PS: I am on the hunt for some autographs from the MotoGP riders.
Marc Marquez is the big hero of my 12 year old Girl.
My 17 year old girl are more interested into Moto2 riders.
Do anyone know how to get some autographs from the riders? Any source to write to for an autograph?
Would be perfect Christmas present for them.

regards Christian
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: is there something more exciting to watch than MotoGP??

Post by JamesB »

Having a coffee right now
Fast answering to the question? NO :D
Go Martinator! #89 8) 8)
I meant the question of title :wink: to the other thing I will try these things are closer in Spain
I´ll investigate. Not sure if I´ll go next tuesday for the trials. If I get an autograph, I´ll sell for 0.1 eu to you :wink:
Not sure if there´s a path for that. I´ll take a look. I also contact some times with some journalist thru X. Not that I bet I´ll get an answer. But who knows.
Yes it´s been a great season. BTW the mean of points is 15 for (ahem, provisional soon to lose 8) ) leader. Between 3rd and 4th. LOts of mistakes, changes, chances....

Schumi
Top Designer
Top Designer
Your Name: Martijn
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: -Ferrari
-Benetton
-Michael Schumacher
-Ayrton Senna
Netherlands

Post by Schumi »

Oh yes! So much more entertaining than F1 this year 😴
Usually I’m a Pecco fan but Martins driving style is just a bit more exiting.
On the other hand, no one’s as smooth as Pecco!
We’ll see, at least my brand is gonna win 😁
🇬🇧

PTR
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams & Ligier
United States of America

Post by PTR »

MotoGP has been much better racing than F1. Many more competitive teams and riders. I also think the element of risk/danger does add to the excitement. They push to the absolute edge but still "generally" respect one another. F1 has lost some of that. I might be wrong on this, but I don't think you can buy a ride onto a GP bike like certain F1 drivers have done.

Topic author
capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

What a great race weekend that was.
Well, i would like to see a longer action in case of the wc decision but the rest was also very exciting.
Started with the Moto3 race and enjoyed 4 hours of pure racing fun.

Pecco is a honored World Champion. He deserve it meanwhile i like Jorges riding style more.
They should ban that wings and rideheight devises and also that stupid tyre pressure rules.
I am glad to see Marc on his feets again after that horrible looking crash. My heart stands still for a second or two.

My girls are a bit sad right now because the season is over. Will watch the test at Tuesday with interest and than its time to make a break.
Enough action for an old man. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

Such a great season with great races, too bad Martin had such bad luck in the last 2 proper GPs, I would love to have seen a non factory rider take the title....maybe next year. Can someone explain the "Go Free" thing for me?

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

bossy122 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:12 pm Such a great season with great races, too bad Martin had such bad luck in the last 2 proper GPs, I would love to have seen a non factory rider take the title....maybe next year. Can someone explain the "Go Free" thing for me?
Pecco explained the other day. He was in the Moto3 grid very nervous, fighting for championship. Japanese GP. A local fan girl came to him and told him “go free”. He says it gave him good mood and felt fine and won the race so he decided to adopt the motto.
“Martinator” on the other hand was his dad’s idea also in M3. Jorge did not like it particularly at the beginning but finally grew in him

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

Thank you. Totally missed that Go Free story.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Honestly I did not have an idea about the #gofree till a week ago or so, when DAZN aired an interview with Pecco. They do a really fantastic coverage.
It´s been a great season, level with Lawson-Spencer (or Gardner or Schwantz or Mamola or Rainey), Rainey Schwantz, Doohan-Crivillé, Márquez-Dovi, Rossi-whoever, etc.
I just watched Abu Dhabi GP, there´s hardly the same driver-driver fight that is significant, as the pitstops honestly make it harder to follow. There´s surely a lot to talk about regarding the two categories, their resemblances and differences, but YES the bikes have been great, Moto 3 and Moto 2 have been amazing (Masiá is from a small town I used to go to when I was young, with my bicycle) and Acosta is a great promise.
Sad for Martinator, he surely paid for his mistakes. Pecco anyway will have to dig deeper in his talent and resources as Jorge´s speed... and a certain Marc´s too :mrgreen: :wink: will be hard to cope with.
Ah BTW I just ordered TWO huge 1/6 Maisto Ducatis GP21.... gonna be great fun. Shame they don´t offer them as kit!
BR
James

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

Think we can get that same Japanese fan to tell Red Bull to Go Away? F1 is the polar opposite of Moto GP right now. I watched the full race/aftermath of Valencia then watched all of 3 laps of Abu Dhabi before hitting the FF button and scanning through to the end until that blue thing crossed the line. GLAD that season is over with. Here's hoping to more competitiveness next year.