is there something more exciting to watch than MotoGP??

Post away...

ronnie1972
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: is there something more exciting to watch than MotoGP??

Post by ronnie1972 »

It was a great MotoGP season and Pecco is a deserving back to back champ. I love Jorge’s riding style, but he was just a little less consistent than Pecco, and that made the difference.
I’ve followed F1 since I was seven (I’m sixty-one now) and it’s become almost unwatchable for me. I don’t know what to call it, but it’s certainly not Grand Prix racing anymore.
I agree that the winglets on the bikes need to go, they look silly, and it’s more stuff to get knocked off and become shards of carbon fiber littering the track.

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

No there is not !! .. best racing on the planet

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

I am split regarding the winglets... I like how the bikes look with them... and without. Not sure how technically is responsible of some of the problems. But there ARE overtakes, so I don´t think it´s that bad. OK, debris... but we had ZERO punctures.
The pressure rule? Absolutely silly. As GREAT Dennis Noyes says, maybe they could do with a pre-race measurement.
I´d also apply Van der Vaals (or Avogadro??) and make it a PVT thing: consider the pressure and the temperature so no problem. And this way: you are under ---> then you gotta correct it before the race. No after race surprises please.

ON with the racing now. I really think it's been one of the very best Top Class seasons in a while. I can think of Spencer/Roberts 40!!! years ago, for instance. so, what you think? How you rate it, why, which ones you´d consider better and why? :D

Topic author
capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

I think it's the amount of winning riders who made this a special year. In the past there was only, if we were lucky, two teams with 2 number one riders who fighting for the title.
Now we have 2 hands full of winning riders. Reach race had written his own story.
I love it!

I do remember as a kid I wrote a lot about the Spencer / Roberts fight and later Spencer against Lawson. But it was only 2 who were fighting. The rest was there to fill the field.

Now it's amazing to see different winning manufacturers and Teams.
Counting the days until next season starts.

Regards Christian

PS: just about to order the Maisto Ducati too!
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Yes. I reckon that in those days Christian mentions, yes there were TWO GOOD bikes for the big boys, then a few for the second fiddles, probably less good. Most probably those two three four riders were head and shoulders over the rest but anyway they had such superior machinery.
THat started to change with Suzuki also up there, and then when Honda felt superior, they started to supply more good bikes.
Alsoa big change was when the tabu that "only yankees and aussies" would do also fell apart. Crivillé, then Cadalora, Puig, Checa, Biaggi, Capirossi...
The first season with multiple winners was, I think, 1998.
We´ve had ups and downs, but mostly these seasons jave been Rossi vs. someone and then Marquez vs. someone. WE also had the seasons of the fantastic four (Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Stoner)
Anyway, this year has had something that I think is absolutely unedited. NO ONE, I mean NO ONE has managed to win back to back sunday races. The down is that all but one races were won with Ducatis. But also we had 8 different winners!!! :shock:
Talking from memory we had even more than taht in 2020 and 2021, though then people complained "there is not a clear dominant rider". Nah!! great racing. The one vs.other fights this year have been great. And last sprints were sooooo good!!!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

capri-schorsch wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:57 am I think it's the amount of winning riders who made this a special year. In the past there was only, if we were lucky, two teams with 2 number one riders who fighting for the title.
Now we have 2 hands full of winning riders. Reach race had written his own story.
I love it!

I do remember as a kid I wrote a lot about the Spencer / Roberts fight and later Spencer against Lawson. But it was only 2 who were fighting. The rest was there to fill the field.

Now it's amazing to see different winning manufacturers and Teams.
Counting the days until next season starts.

Regards Christian

PS: just about to order the Maisto Ducati too!
There is nothing comparable to Moto GP actually, when have you seen a F1 race which lasted to the very last corner till the winner was clear?
And that is normal in Moto GP, that`s why i`m also courios about it, no boring races, whatever happens.
I guess you remember also Toni Mang, even these early days have allways been a pleasure to follow and watch.

When it comes to cars, i only look for Le Mans and other classics maybe. Any idea as Servus TV is going out where we can watch Moto GP next year? Hope they carry it on finaly!
Take a stand!

Topic author
capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

gp-models wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:11 am Any idea as Servus TV is going out where we can watch Moto GP next year? Hope they carry it on finaly!
I think in germany the only broadcaster is Sky in Pay-per-view.
But i will continue to watch it on Servus TV Austria. Got a Sky X Box from Austria and i only need to connect every 30 Days with an VPN netpoint and can watch again for 30 days.
Just extended my sky x austria abo for another year.
Half the price i would pay in germany.
But i also have signed up for the MotoGP Videopass.So i can watch the races whatever will happen.

regards Christian
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

Living in the States, I have the Videopass . I can then watch on the Firestick on the tele instead of waiting for NBC to play just the main race. They did kind irk me midseason when they updated the app ( god forbid we just leave things alone....) and lost the complete archives but I still get that on my tab to watch while on the treadmill.

2whl
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Dan Gurney
United States of America

Post by 2whl »

Just look at my avatar and you'll know I'm a motorcycle junkie. I've been following MGP for over 30 years now. I used to go to Laguna Seca when they raced there. I was pretty upset when DirecTV dropped bein sports. I could watch all three classes flag-to-flag. Now I'm restricted to only MGP.
To answer the question is a definite no. And if you do find something more exciting, let us know about it.
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

A=12 B=0 C=25

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

capri-schorsch wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:37 pm
gp-models wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:11 am Any idea as Servus TV is going out where we can watch Moto GP next year? Hope they carry it on finaly!
I think in germany the only broadcaster is Sky in Pay-per-view.
But i will continue to watch it on Servus TV Austria. Got a Sky X Box from Austria and i only need to connect every 30 Days with an VPN netpoint and can watch again for 30 days.
Just extended my sky x austria abo for another year.
Half the price i would pay in germany.
But i also have signed up for the MotoGP Videopass.So i can watch the races whatever will happen.

regards Christian
Thanks for information Christian, i hope someone on the free market side will carry on the races, otherwise it looks like a complex process to follow the races.
Hopefully the payment sector is not the downfall of Moto GP like F1 has proven.
Take a stand!