is there something more exciting to watch than MotoGP??

Post away...

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: is there something more exciting to watch than MotoGP??

Post by gp-models »

woodgp wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:35 am well this thread is cool , I worked the Qatar Motogp from 2009-2021 .. love the sport as I raced all my life ( flat track now ) I didn't know we had a few big Motogp guys here .
I have a bunch of event posters if anyone would like one ,let me take a couple pics later today ...just pay the shipping ....cheers
Yes surely are there MotoGP guys here! :)
Even the 500` days have been great to follow.
It would be great if Eric could open a special section here in the Forum for MotoGP fans, it`s simply F1 on 2 wheels and would be a great addition to this forum. :)
Take a stand!

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

I strongly support the idea unless it is a problem :D

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

yes also ... great bike models lots of detail kits etc , and the forum could grow , I see no harm

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

most car guys need to check it out , they would love the aero work going on these day's , the last two seasons have been unbelievable for what they have brought forward !!

Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Post by Dede »

JamesB wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:32 am I strongly support the idea unless it is a problem :D
gp-models wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:55 am
woodgp wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:35 am well this thread is cool , I worked the Qatar Motogp from 2009-2021 .. love the sport as I raced all my life ( flat track now ) I didn't know we had a few big Motogp guys here .
I have a bunch of event posters if anyone would like one ,let me take a couple pics later today ...just pay the shipping ....cheers
Yes surely are there MotoGP guys here! :)
Even the 500` days have been great to follow.
It would be great if Eric could open a special section here in the Forum for MotoGP fans, it`s simply F1 on 2 wheels and would be a great addition to this forum. :)
JamesB wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:32 am I strongly support the idea unless it is a problem :D
+1 for me (if possible)
Dede.

Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Post by Dede »

woodgp wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:09 am yes also ... great bike models lots of detail kits etc , and the forum could grow , I see no harm
woodgp wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:12 am most car guys need to check it out , they would love the aero work going on these day's , the last two seasons have been unbelievable for what they have brought forward !!
Very true and as you say the bike model kits are great, just finished another couple i'll happily show in the (Other racing series) 'other' section.
Dede.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

FANDOM
For me it´s been "SPEED!!!" :D from childhood. I started glancing at F1 in 1976 77, more seriously 79 80 and like a true diehard in 1982. By this time I was also "glancing" again at bikes, WRC and endurance.
So from 1983-4 it was an unbreakable group, thanks also to paper magazines covering it all. And from 1986 I also started loving Indycar. FRom that moment it was MOTOR RACING as a whole.
So I´ve never seen a true boundary between all of them. Specially Bikes WC and F1. I wonder what proportion of us is the same. I figure there´s a quite strong Sport Prototypes fans field here, for what I´ve seen in the last 25 years... :D
Hmmm I might do A POLL! :lol:

MODELING
And yes modeling wise it all started similarly... F1 in 1982, sport prototypes in 1983 and WRC in 1984... then 1985 for bikes when I "just" wanted to have Eddie´s Marlin Yam and Freddie´s Rothmans Honda.

Yes modeling wise GP bikes are the same kind of stuff as F1, specially if you compare 1/12 bikes with 1/12 or 1/20 cars. Engines, ducts, electronics, polished bodyworks, sponsors, nice CF stuff, aluminum soldered chassis...
Tamiya, Hase, Fujimi , Beemax even Heller have made excellent plastic kits, there´s also the occasional 1/9, 1/6 or 1/4 thing if you want a "centerpiece" big one. And some (ahem 8) ) make nice extra decals, trans, figures...
There´s also (expensive) resin trans and full kits and as it happens with cars (even more as mainstream scale is, thanks god!! the same), you can take a good level diecast, pull it apart, consider it a kit and do your own thing. There´s even an IXO made mega series that covers lots of models and wher you can cheaply apply the thing I just wrote.
Ah! forgot it. It used to have 4 categories, now 3, and bikes were quite interesting even if being "smaller".

oh! sorry for the "brick"!!!! guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

A fun race to watch is Rio 2002. Checas race is something to see.