F1M.com Post: 25 Years....

News about the F1M.com web site.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: F1M.com Post: 25 Years....

Post by JamesB »

I'd say I'm here from the very beginning, or the proto f1m. Eric will correct me but I think we started as a mail list?
I spent a time in UK and lost my initial nick and login, that´s why my profile says Joined:
11 Jul, 2003 - 19:26

I found it while in University (in 1997 Internet was rarely a home fixture), I had been looking for info about the SMER Alfa. I found f1m and the first thing I did was sending a list of the plastic F1 models I knew of. For quite long, I read whenever I entered:
"James B Cabanes has contributed with a plastic F1 model list!"
of which, needless to say, I was particularly smug and proud. 8)
I knew dozens of amazing people, some still I have contact with.
Call me Flanders, but I still think this is a marvelous community. And we all gotta thank the many people that have contributed (some are modeling in heaven now) keep contributing but above all, super Eric who has kept this running against all kind of hurdles sometimes.
Modelim itself has changed soooo much. At F1m birth, we had just passes a really hard winter of F1 modeling with Tamiya´s dry spell and that would keep intermitently going on. Though we had just discovered fantastic things such as S27 resin kits or Japan shops such as Hobby Link. Before that, me, personally, only had going to the shop to see what was there
BIG THANKS!!! let´s keep modeling!

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Thank you Dr E !!!!

Wonderful site and community. Thank you for your tireless efforts to keep it running.

stevenf880
Spectator
Spectator
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes
United States of America

Post by stevenf880 »

Congratulations Eric!

I, like some others, started with F1M when it was an email list. I think of where this hobby has gone from, Tamiya plastic and Studio 27 resin, to the unbelievably detailed 3D printed kits and parts that are available today. The local hobby shop is an unfortunately dying breed, and we are now able to get kits in days from the other side of the globe directly.

While I don’t post like I did 20+ years ago, I do read the forum daily, and am still amazed by the talent and knowledge of the participants.

Here’s to another quarter century!

Steve Friedland

Marc
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by Marc »

Thank you!

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Happy Anniversary, quarter of a Century :D ! This must be one of the longest living Hobby-sites. Thx for Moderators.

baggen
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Ferrari
Sweden

Post by baggen »

stevenf880 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:33 am
I, like some others, started with F1M when it was an email list. I think of where this hobby has gone from, Tamiya plastic and Studio 27 resin, to the unbelievably detailed 3D printed kits and parts that are available today. The local hobby shop is an unfortunately dying breed, and we are now able to get kits in days from the other side of the globe directly.

While I don’t post like I did 20+ years ago, I do read the forum daily, and am still amazed by the talent and knowledge of the participants.

+1. Have been here since the emaillist-era. Unfortunately my buildingfrequence is very varying these day's, but I'm watching this space on a daily basis.

Best wishes!!!

//Paul

Bonanza
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Donovan
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by Bonanza »

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this website we love! Congrats on 25 years!

fade_to_black2
Spectator
Spectator
Your Name: GD
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Portugal

Post by fade_to_black2 »

Dr. Eric, thank you so much for keeping this wonderful space, with such a kind community. I have made a lot of friends here, that helped me a lot with measurements, decals, kits, etc
Although my itch for Formula 1 kits is a bit latent these days, I keep visiting the forum every single day
Thank you, so, so much!

Best regards to all :D

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

stevenf880 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:33 am Congratulations Eric!

Steve Friedland
Oh :shock: :D Yes, yes yes!!! Steve, I DO remember you among the names of the Jurassic era just like me!!! :D A big hug between dinosaurs, my friend!! :wink:

Gorf
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Steve
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by Gorf »

Many thanks and lets look forward to another 25!!
Steve