Will we see re-issues of newer kits ever again?

Ask away....

waxdart
Backmarker
Backmarker
Location: Georgetown, TX. Earth. Down the road a piece from COTA

Re: Will we see re-issues of newer kits ever again?

Post by waxdart »

I have wondered the same thing about Tameo kits. Right after reading the article here about all their kits always being available, most of the modern day Ferrari are listed as Unavailable on their website. Any Ferrari kit from about 2000 on has been MIA for over a year that I know of....Tim

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Will we see re-releases? It depends on the demand for the kits. If they are they would be in a limited quantities. I just can't see enough new builders to justify the outlay.

Hugeprong
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Hugo Pring
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by Hugeprong »

If I was a shareholder in Tamiya and I was aware of how much their kits are selling for on EBay I would be pressuring the management to reissue, say, 5000 of them at £75 a time! Worth a bit of hassle..

If they have demand for 70s F1 cars in 1/12, surely moderately modern subjects in 1/20 would fly off the shelves?

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

Tamiya are doing re-releases. In my local hobby store there are 1/12 Tyrrell 003 1971 Monaco GP, 1/12 Lotus Type 78, 1/12 Team Lotus Type 72D 1972 and a 1/20 Tyrrell P34 1977 Monaco GP.
Wasn't the 1976 P34 on the market not long ago?

Topic author
f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

That's why I said newer kits...

Note that while Tamiya is re-issuing the '70s Tyrrells, where is the 023 ? Same goes for the Lotus 102 and 107 kits...

Kinda odd.

E

Orso wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:47 pm Tamiya are doing re-releases. In my local hobby store there are 1/12 Tyrrell 003 1971 Monaco GP, 1/12 Lotus Type 78, 1/12 Team Lotus Type 72D 1972 and a 1/20 Tyrrell P34 1977 Monaco GP.
Wasn't the 1976 P34 on the market not long ago?

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

waxdart wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:53 am I have wondered the same thing about Tameo kits. Right after reading the article here about all their kits always being available, most of the modern day Ferrari are listed as Unavailable on their website. Any Ferrari kit from about 2000 on has been MIA for over a year that I know of....Tim
Kits are generally available. If you are after one, drop in an order and it should be filled.

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

I guess they release what they think will sell. Was the "new"(er) kits like the Lotus 102 and 107 ever that popular?

Daliracing
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Gert
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: 3.5l era.
Belgium

Post by Daliracing »

Orso wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:43 pm I guess they release what they think will sell. Was the "new"(er) kits like the Lotus 102 and 107 ever that popular?
They probably wheren't that popular but Tamiya was even sponsoring them those days, I think there is a market for them but maybe not a big enough one to re release them which is a shame

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Orso wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:43 pm I guess they release what they think will sell. Was the "new"(er) kits like the Lotus 102 and 107 ever that popular?
Those are about 30 years old, but that's also when they were releasing the McLaren kit every year and another car from the grid. Those kits were also much simpler than what we get now. I'm a bit surprised they didn't release some of the newer versions of the TS050 kit, but I'm assuming the decal version they did, did not sell well.

Topic author
f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

Perhaps... but when was the Jordan 191 last re-issued? 2012 I think... The prices on eBay ( I know, not the best place to look ) are all over the place... And you know that would be a popular kit...

E

stubeck wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:36 am
Those are about 30 years old, but that's also when they were releasing the McLaren kit every year and another car from the grid. Those kits were also much simpler than what we get now. I'm a bit surprised they didn't release some of the newer versions of the TS050 kit, but I'm assuming the decal version they did, did not sell well.