New Plastic Indycar kit in 1/20 scale coming soon!!!!

Whatever its called these days... US open wheel racing.

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Re: New Plastic Indycar kit in 1/20 scale coming soon!!!!

Post by indycals »

lezdep wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:42 pm
SBEST wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:48 am Well, I hope they are not using pre-orders to fund the tooling.
It feels this way. No test or even CAD design shoots.
It's not even fully designed yet, but CAD is supplied by Dallara.

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

wow ..guy's relax it's will all come together , thanks indycal's for your involvement , this will be so much fun , if they include engine detailed like a tamiya 1/20 i'am in , and so are all those American 3D printing guy's so part's will be flying out for these car's ....thank's JR and everyone involved.... yippee

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Shunter wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:08 pm
43rdMichael wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:43 am
Shunter wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:55 pm I will no doubt eventually get one, but I so will not be able to tell my wife what i paid, it translates to $128.00 Australian….😕 plus shipping..
Eeekk!
Its almost into ‘let’s go halves’ territory!!
HAHAHAHA very true….I’m not sure if any of the retailer’s will carry any stock either. How about you buy me one for Xmas Michael, and I’m sure Jeff would like one as well..🤣🤣🤣
Come on guys! It's not any more expensive than a Tamiya 1/20 new tool kit!!

I do agree with the thoughts on using pre-orders to fund tooling. Not the way I would be doing it but some people do things differently...
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Topic author
chaparral2k
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Calvin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by chaparral2k »

It's normal business practice to use Pre-orders to fund your business, it's called cashflow. 😉

Not sure why that's a terrible thing? 🤷‍♂️ I'm more than happy to help fun and invest into Salvino's new indycar kit. Plus it cost over 6 figures to make the plastic injection molds. Licensing (who knows that cost) and don't forget paying your employees and random expenses like electric and water and they are in California so the taxes are enormous.
Visit my website for many Resin and plastic kits at: https://classicracingresins.com

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Icon_Modeler wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:43 pm
Shunter wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:08 pm
43rdMichael wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:43 am

Eeekk!
Its almost into ‘let’s go halves’ territory!!
HAHAHAHA very true….I’m not sure if any of the retailer’s will carry any stock either. How about you buy me one for Xmas Michael, and I’m sure Jeff would like one as well..🤣🤣🤣
Come on guys! It's not any more expensive than a Tamiya 1/20 new tool kit!!

I do agree with the thoughts on using pre-orders to fund tooling. Not the way I would be doing it but some people do things differently...
Its as much a comment on the australian peso. worthless at the moment….. 😩

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

As I am also in the plastic injection industry, I know the pitfalls of making molds.
So I think it has to start soon to be able to deliver a complete kit in Q1 2024.
So I'm sure we'll see some first pictures or a prototype soon.
However, it would be great to have a few pictures or screenshots of what you want to sell when you preorder. But maybe I'm a bit old-fashioned...

Maybe I'll get a statement from Salvinos JR Models themselves. I'm still waiting for feedback.
Greetings Thomas

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

chaparral2k wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:06 pm It's normal business practice to use Pre-orders to fund your business, it's called cashflow. 😉

Not sure why that's a terrible thing? 🤷‍♂️ I'm more than happy to help fun and invest into Salvino's new indycar kit. Plus it cost over 6 figures to make the plastic injection molds. Licensing (who knows that cost) and don't forget paying your employees and random expenses like electric and water and they are in California so the taxes are enormous.
I don't think its terrible, it's really just showing the reality of businesses that many don't see otherwise.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Ok. Soon as I get some funds I will preorder. Salvino, responded on facebook as soon as they get pictures they will share.

Steve

Ffracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Mercedes
United States of America

Post by Ffracer »

I recently bought a Salvino's kit of a Richard Petty Charger and I was very pleased. The moldings are of a good quality, the accuracy is there, it looks like it will go together very well, and the decals are excellent. I plan to get one of their Camaros to build the Garage 56 car from LeMans this year also and probably a Mustang to build the car Jenson Button has been racing this year. I expect the Indy Car to be really good. They do have a history of taking preorders for their NASCAR kits via their website and it does look like the demand is there since there are cases where the first run of a kit has sold out quickly.

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

43rdMichael wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:47 am Its as much a comment on the australian peso. worthless at the moment….. 😩
I do feel your pain Michael. Exactly how I felt a few years back when buying MFH kits. The $$$ VS Yen was in the toilet!!
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports