Meng vs. Italeri

Ask away....

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Meng vs. Italeri

Post by JamesB »

Corpsegrinder wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:09 pm The box is massively thick, not used to handle kits the size of this one! :lol:
IMG_20230805_135231.jpg
Looks as bulky as 3: like two Tamiyas in sandwich, plus one in vertical at the side. :mrgreen:

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Well the Lotus is 1/20 so likely a considerably smaller box size, actually according to the interwebs it's about the size of an A4 sheet of paper (29x19x7 cm). So with that in mind the box is not nearly as bulky as a 1/12 Tamiya 910/934/935/T70... Matter of perspective really :)
Cheers,
Roman

donnieleblanc
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by donnieleblanc »

So far, I’ve had no real fit issues. Fit seems to be pretty good, even the cowling. However, if you look at the underside of the cowling, you can see the four post-like things where the screws lineup from underneath (You can also see a ton of injector marks). I’m going to attempt to remove those posts and sand smooth. In addition, you can see how the “air scoops” mount to the cowling. It’s a little bit thick there, so I’m going try to sand that out as well. I’m also going to remove the company branding where the “CW” is. Not sure how the cowling is going to fit after that, or even how I’m going to mount it, but if I’m going to display the cowling off the body, I’d rather not see those posts and want to make it look a little bit nicer underneath.
Attachments
IMG_1863.jpeg
IMG_1864.jpeg
IMG_1865.jpeg