Porsche 936 Turbo – Tamiya 1/24

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Re: Porsche 936 Turbo – Tamiya 1/24

Post by JesusM »

gp-models wrote:Fantastic repaint and decal job Jesus, like the cockpit details as well, looking forward to see bodywork in clear, keep it coming! :)
Thanks !! You will see the body with the clear very soon!! :wink:

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Bueno….ya tengo la carrocería lacada y con algunos avances hechos!!! Tiene muy buena pinta!!!

Well …. I already have the body lacquered and with some progress made !!! Looks good!!!

Pero vamos con las fotos. Estas son de la carrocería lacada: dos capas muy ligeras, y una tercera con más disolvente, separadas por 5/10 minutos, de la marca Gravity.

But let’s go with the photos. These are of the lacquered body: two very light layers, and a third with more solvent, separated by 5/10 minutes, of the Gravity brand.

Una vez seca, enmascaramos para pintar de negro mate Tamiya XF-1, los faros delanteros, las tapas de los depositos, y la toma de aire (va pintada en negro por dentro). Utilizo esta pintura para poder eliminar cualquier resto sobre la laca, pasando con un bastoncillo o incluso con disolvente X20A, que no afecta a la laca:

Once dry, we mask to paint of Tamiya XF-1 matte black, the headlights, the tank covers, and the air intake (it is painted black inside). I use this paint to be able to remove any residue on the lacquer, passing with a stick or even with X20A solvent, which does not affect the lacquer:

Por dentro de la carrocería, también pinto de negro mate lo que se ve desde la salida de aire del frontal:

Inside the body, I also paint matte black what can be seen from the front air outlet:

Y este es el resultado:

And this is the result:

En la entrada de aire, como no se pintó todo el interior del todo, le daré unas pinceladas con el mismo negro mate:

At the air intake, since the entire interior was not painted at all, I will give you a few strokes brush with the same matte black:

Aquí vemos las entradas de gasolina, pintadas, a falta de colocarle las partes metálicas:

Here we see the gasoline inlets, painted, in the absence of placing the metal parts:

Y en las luces delanteras, pinto las parábolas que hice con el cromo Molotov. Después vendrán los cristales y sus separadores:

And in the headlights, I paint the parables I made with Molotov chrome. Then come the crystals and their separators:

Aquí podéis ver la entrada de aire, ya pintada por dentro y con los rebordes limpios:

Here you can see the air inlet, already painted inside and with clean edges:

Y una pieza que casi no he mostrado, el alerón trasero:

And a part that I have hardly shown, the rear wing:

Podemos ver que he puesto unos remaches en las bisagras del mismo ya que en realidad, el plano postrior se puede girar en esos puntos. Están pegados con ciano.

We can see that I have put some rivets on the hinges of the same since in reality, the rear plane can be rotated at those points. They are glued with cyano.

Pasamos al asiento. Aquí ya tiene los cinturones puestos:

We go to the seat. Here it already has the belts on:

En la siguiente foto, vemos que se ha añadido la palanca de cambios, unos cables que van por ese lateral y el distribuidor de frenada, un fotograbado al que he pegado un cable que va hacia atrás:

In the next photo, we see the gear lever added, some cables that go along that side and the brake distributor, which is a photoengraving I have glued a cable that goes backwards:

Y en la parte del suelo, ya he pegado el entramado de los tubos al chasis, y he ensuciado la zona con colores de AK y MIG, elimianndo el exceso con un bastoncillo, de forma irregular, dejando más cantidad en las esquinas:

And in the front part of the ground, I have already glued the framework of the tubes to the chassis, and I have dirtied the area with AK and MIG colors, eliminating the excess with a stick, irregularly, leaving more quantity in the corners:

También le he puesto dos tubos trenzados que comunican la parte frontal con la trasera, que me imagino que serán de refrigeración:

I have also put two braided lines that communicate the front with the back, which I imagine will be for cooling:

Otra foto del chasis:

Another chassis picture:

Y de la parte del motor:

And another of he motor part:

Ahora vemos el volante y el salpicaderos con todos los relojes, y las luces, interruptore sy botones de Decalcas:

Now we see the steering wheel and dashboard with all the clocks, and the lights, switches and buttons of Decalcas:

Pasamos a las ruedas para terminar: aquí están con una capa muy ligera de negro mate diluido, que he incidido en el borde externo, para identificar un uso de la misma:

We go to the wheels for finishing this post: here they are with a very light layer of diluted matte black, which I have touched on the outer edge, to identify a use of it:

Y aquí, con sus tapacubos y tuercas:

And here, with its hubcaps and nuts:

Ya está casi al final. Gracias por ver y comentar!!

It’s almost over. Thanks for viewing and commenting!!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Great paint job Jesus, third pic looks like an animation, amazing picture quality!
Seat section looks nice too, perfect work!
Take a stand!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

gp-models wrote:Great paint job Jesus, third pic looks like an animation, amazing picture quality!
Seat section looks nice too, perfect work!
Happy you like it !! :D :D

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

Fantastic decal and detailed work! A great recovery for your paint and decal job!
C K
Canada

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

CK wrote:Fantastic decal and detailed work! A great recovery for your paint and decal job!
Hi CK! Yes....after the previous decal work with the problems i had, now i'm vwry happy with the results. Thanks for commenting!!!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Ultima actualización antes de las fotos finales!! Deciros que ya está la maqueta terminada, pero tengo que poneros los últimos componentes añadidos al kit.

Empezamos por la parte posterior del coche. Las luces se pintaron con rotuladores por el exterior, con molotow en la parte interior, y se pegaron en unas plaquitas pintadas en negro mate, realizadas con hoja de lata. La luz roja redonda, fue hecha torneando y puliendo aluminio, y pintada con rotulador rojo. La base es un círculo de aliminio autoadhesivo. Estas tres luces fueron barnizadas después en el exterior con Gauzy con pincel. También pegué el mecanismo que fija la inclinación del plano superior del alerón, así como los fijadores del portón trasero, colocados también en el mismo palno que las luces.

Last update before the final photos !! Just to tell you that the model is already finished, but I have to put the last components added to the kit.

We start at the back of the car. The lights were painted with markers on the outside, with Molotow on the back, and they were glued on some plates painted in matt black, made with tin foil. The round red light was made by turning and polishing aluminum, and painted with a red marker. The base is a self-adhesive aluminum circle. These three lights were then varnished on the outside with Gauzy with a brush. I also glued the mechanism that fixes the inclination of the upper plane of the spoiler, as well as the fasteners of the tailgate, also placed on the same plane as the lights.

En las entradas de gasolina o aceite, ponemos fotograbados existentes de otros kits.

At the fuel or oil inlets, we put existing photo-etches from other kits.

Añadimos las rejillas de las entradas NACA que proveen de aire a los turbos:

We add the grids of the NACA inlets that provide air to the turbos:

En al siguiente foto, os muestro los dispositivos de seguridad, antena, fijaciones del portón trasero y el fotograbado de la tapa, en la que hice una linea para poder incrustrar dicho fotograbado:

In the following photo, I show you the security devices, antenna, tailgate fixings and the photoengraving of the cover, in which I made a line to be able to embed this photoengraving:

Pasamos a los faros. Primero pegamos con cola blanca los aros de aluminio que corté de un tubo.

We go to the lighthouses. First we glued the aluminum rings that I cut from a tube with white glue

…para después pegar los cristales sobre esos aros. Se puede ver también el gancho de arrastre delantero, pintado en un rojo distinto, no tan fluo:

… and then stick the crystals on those rings. You can also see the front drag hook, painted in a different red, not so fluo:

Después, y con cola blanca, pegamos los cristales que han sido pulidos. Posteriormente, le añadiré los remaches de estos crsitales.

Then, with white glue, we glue the crystals that have been polished. Later, I will add the rivets of these crystals.

En esta foto podemos ver los espejos, cuyo proceso explico a continuación:

In this photo we can see the mirrors, whose process I explain below:

Antes de cortar los espejos del soporte, los pegamos en la mesa con cinta de enmascarar y protegemos el resto de fotograbados:

Before cutting the mirrors from the support, we glue them to the table with masking tape and protect the rest of the photoetched parts:

En la siguiente, vemos el resultado de pasar las esponjas Micro Mesh, desde el grano 1500 hasta el 12000. Ya vemos algo reflejado.

In the next one, we see the result of passing Micro Mesh sponges, from grain 1500 to 12000. We already see something reflected.

Pero necesitamos pulirlo más. Ahora los recorto y los pego en un soporte con cinta de enmascarar, poniendo cinta autoadhesiva de aluminio alrededor para que al pulirlo con el minitaladro, no se lleve la cinta de enmascarar. Aplico el líquido para pulir en el minitaladro, y lo aplico. El resultado se puede comprobar!!

But we need to polish it more. Now I cut them out and glue them on a support with masking tape, putting self-adhesive aluminum tape around themso that when polishing with the mini drill, the masking tape is not taken away. I apply the polishing liquid to the mini drill, and apply it. The result can be verified !!

El salpicadero terminado con barniz Gauzy aplicado en los relojes con un pincel:

The dashboard finished with Gauzy varnish applied to the watches with a brush:

Para rellenar la parte izquierda del cockpit, hice una pequeña tabla con dos “centralitas” a las que acoplé uns cables de plástico estirado:

To fill the left side of the cockpit, I made a small board with two “switchboards” to which I attached a stretched plastic cables:

Y unas vistas del cockpit terminado:

And some views of the finished cockpit:

Continuamos con el motor, o lo que se ve de él: ya están todas las piezas pegadas, y se pueden ver, unos cables que llegan a los turbos. En estas piezas, mi intención era probar acabados ya que casi no se ven, con un resultado muy decente, para cuando las aplique en otros coches!

We continue with the engine, or what we can see of it: all the parts are already glued, and you can see, some cables that reach the turbos. In these parts, my intention was to test finishes as they are hardly seen, with a very decent result, for when I apply them to other cars!

Las ruedas traseras ya montadas…

The rear wheels already mounted …

…y las delanteras!!

…and the front ones!!

Para temrinar, una vista del cockpit con la carrocería montada:

For finishing, a cockpit view with the body mounted:

El siguente post serán las fotos finales.

Gracias por ver y comentar!!

The next post will be the final photos.

Thanks for viewing and commenting!!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Looks amazing Jesus, lovely work! :)
Take a stand!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

gp-models wrote:Looks amazing Jesus, lovely work! :)
Thanks a lot for commenting!! Yes, the final result is very good after a body bath in brakes fluid!! :D
Happy you like it!!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

This model is completed!
Please click in the following link to see the whole process:

https://www.f1m.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=31287